UTG+1: $5.24
      UTG+2: $5.08
      MP1: $3.56
      MP2: $3.73
      Hero (CO): $9.18
      BTN: $5.56

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 8 :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 2 :diamond: 7 :club: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

River: ($2.27) 9 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

I called here because the SB and BB were calling stations, so i thought i had good implied if i hit. The utg raiser had been playing tight. I called the flop with the intention of folding to a 2nd barrel and betting if he checks, because i think he would fire with aa or kk again. would it be better to check the turn behind and see a free river because he is not folding TT+ on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think betting the turn is fine against that type of player, they'll sometimes have worse hands than you in that spot and even if they do have you beat, they're usually not check/raising without a very strong hand, as getting blown off your hand would be the only really bad outcome for you. If he does some check/minraise crap, fine by us, we'll just call and stack his ass we went it, but if he check/pots it, then it sucks. Here it's unlikely to happen and we'll get to fire a huge valuebet on the river if we improve, if we don't we'll be able to check behind usually.

You shouldn't even be thinking about trying to make him fold anything with equity on the turn, he won't. There is no way in hell he's ever folding stuff like TT, as he won't fold a draw or bottom pair either most likely.

Hope it helps.