$26.51
      BB:
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $52.50

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 5.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BU raises to $2.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.33, BU calls $3.08.

Flop: ($11.01) 9, 4, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($11.01) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BU calls $5.00.

River: ($21.01) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.01

This is a friends hand during a sweat session i had with him.
      preflop:i like 4betting small as people 3bet light IP alot
      flop:completly missed so decided to c/f
      turn: turned alot of outs so decided to bet to generate FE+build pot if we hit river
      river:completly missed. we had 0%showdown value so we only needed to make him fold like 47% of the time to make a ship profitable. Well maybe not profitable but the best possible option.
  • 5 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      preflop villians range: A10+ (not AK),any p/p (not QQ+), suited connector, KQ,KJ,K10,QJ,Q10
      turn villians calling range: XhYh, XcYc, 10J, 76,910, KQ,KJ,K10,QJ,Q10, 1010,JJ,77,88,99,44,98
      river calling range: 99,88,44,KQ,KJ,K10,98, maybe:1010,JJ
      therefore i think it is a profitable bluff
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont like that 4 bet at all.

Flop neither. Now you have initiative and you dont want to bet.

Turn: i dont like neither turn bet

Maybe that river bluff is the best thing in whole hand which i think is very poor played.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I dont like that 4 bet at all.

Flop neither. Now you have initiative and you dont want to bet.

Turn: i dont like neither turn bet

Maybe that river bluff is the best thing in whole hand which i think is very poor played.
      +1
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well i really dont like that 4bet too. You leave him great odds to call and you are OOP.

On the flop b/f is the best play I think. I think he has sth like TT-QQ, AK/AQ so this K is a very good card for us and we definetely should bet it.

I like more c/shove on that turn. You just generate tons of FE there and it is super hard for him to call wtih this TT-QQ, AQ, even AK.

On the river he is folding all the TT-QQ which is 53% of his range so it's a nice shove I think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      Well i really dont like that 4bet too. You leave him great odds to call and you are OOP.

On the flop b/f is the best play I think. I think he has sth like TT-QQ, AK/AQ so this K is a very good card for us and we definetely should bet it.

I like more c/shove on that turn. You just generate tons of FE there and it is super hard for him to call wtih this TT-QQ, AQ, even AK.

On the river he is folding all the TT-QQ which is 53% of his range so it's a nice shove I think.
      Sounds good.

Only thing I'd tend to disagree with is the turn play. Few villains will actually bet the turn with stuff like QQ-TT,AQ+, so we wont get many chances to check/jam on him after he checked back the flop, announcing he has showdown value in the process. I do agree that betting the turn alone isn't that great, tho frankly with so many outs if we can buy a river for half the pot with no risk of getting shoved on it's a fair deal. But when you realize that his range there cannot call the river almost ever, betting the turn planning on shoving any and all rivers is clearly the best play.

Hope it helps.