franeczek
      Global
      Ongame Network $30.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 795491
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $30.00
      Hero (BTN/SB): $30.00

Pre Flop: ($0.45) Hero is BTN/SB with J :heart: 5 :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 2 :spade: A :heart: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.20) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.60, BB raises to $9.30, Hero calls $5.70

River: ($22.80) A :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

First hand with a villian who joined me at the table
      Should I 2nd barell turn/ call that raise?? Is that good line?
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am checking this turn for sure. Really no reason to bet and face so difficult situation. After turn check raise u have to fold your hand.

The best line here is just to check turn and if you think that he is capable of pure bluff you can still call his river bet.

U also get your free card for seeing a river and possibly get your flush here.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I am checking this turn for sure. Really no reason to bet and face so difficult situation. After turn check raise u have to fold your hand.

The best line here is just to check turn and if you think that he is capable of pure bluff you can still call his river bet.

U also get your free card for seeing a river and possibly get your flush here.
      The way I was thinking is that there are some hand that I want him to fold checking behind means that I give up there and I play only the outs I have. I had no info about Villian he bought in full so I thought that it is more possible that he is some sort of TAG player than the fish. Why you think that I should fold vs minraise?? I mean I have 11 outs for sure (5,5 and 9 for a flush draw so I have sth like 22-24 equity what I thought is enough to call (cause there are some implied odds IP), and I have to call 5,7$ to the 15 dollars pot (so it will be around 22$ overall)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd check back the turn because it's the first hand and I don't want to get into a huge pot with 5's and a middling flushdraw on a paired board without getting to know him a bit at first. I'll check back and call any river to see what he's all about.

As played I'm also calling the turn raise just because it's HU and he could be completely full of shit for that reason alone.

On the river checking behind is fine, we're ahead sometimes and we're not even sure he could fold a better pocket pairs if we jammed. Since we can very credibly represent Ax and he can't, I'll often bluff shove that river against people whom I know can fold, we have a perfectly good stack for doing so on the river. Without reads tho, take the showdown and see what's going on before adjusting.

Hope it helps.