[NL2-NL10] NL4 - KK v 2 loose callers

• wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      I was wondering how i should play the river. both MP1 and MP2 have been playing loose and aggressive.
      I think i would put them on a missed straight or flush draw and either check hoping they will try to bluff or bet maybe a dollar, hoping they might call if one of them has something like AQ.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $4.81
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO:
      $1.23
      BU:
      $4.19
      SB:
      $2.19
      BB:
      $3.71
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $4.23
      MP1:
      $6.24

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 calls $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.54) 6, J, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.39, MP1 calls $0.39, MP2 calls $0.39.

Turn: ($1.71) 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.22, MP1 calls $1.22, MP2 calls $1.22.

River: ($5.37) 2 (3 players)
      Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If they're calling loose just bet bigger on both flop and turn, they won't care.

Not an easy decision on the river unless you have a clearer picture of just how exactly these guys are "loose and aggressive" and "loose callers". Like if they're aggressive enough to raise draws on the flop, they'll have a lot less busted draws than you think on the river. Conversely if they're aggressive enough to raise top pairs along the way, they'll have a lot less hands to pay off a river valuebet with.

So while it's true that it would be great for us to have like, MP1 bluff at the river once we check, MP2 call with his Qx and us shoving over, it's not a guaranteed outcome by any mean. So when in doubt in my opinion you should just go ahead and shove that river for value, they'll be able to talk themselves into calling with Qx if they saw all the draws miss. If they both end up folding it's no big deal, they might not have bluffed at it anyway, just be more likely to put draws in their ranges for calling in position from then on.

Hope it helps.