CO: $53.75
      BTN: $25.80
      SB: $73.15
      BB: $57.40
      UTG: $130.70
      Hero (UTG+1): $72.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $1.50, fold, fold

Flop: ($5.25, 3 players) A:spade: 8:diamond: 4:heart:
      Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50, fold

Turn: ($12.25, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets $12.25, fold

My thoughts on the turn: He's having some pair, I'll let him try a float, I'm not going for three streets of value anyway with AQ.
      After he bet pot I thought; If I call this and he's betting pot again on river, I have to call and I don't want to play for a stack with TP/GK.
      Was it too weak though?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't really get it. If you think he called with a random pair, why do you expect him to bet the turn with it? It's way more likely he's going to check it back.

Against unknowns it's just way easier and usually better to just bet the turn and try to go for 3 streets anyway, you won't get shown AK that often due to him not 3-betting preflop if he's a tag, and tho the fish will have AK sometimes they'll also call down 3 streets with worse Ax hands, so it's no big deal.

As played I'd call the turn, it looks like we have absolutely nothing and there is no reason for him to bet that big if he's thinking, so most likely he's not and he's capable of doing that with worse top pairs just because he always bets pot or something.

Hope it helps.