This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Need some advice

• DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Played tournament poker for maybe 3-4 years. Done fairly well in both live & online. Still a lil green when it comes to cash games.

Lost my part job recently and with exams coming up i just don't have the time to look for another job. I need to withdraw min of $100 - $150 a month until dec/jan. Currently have a br of $300.

Only interested in playing cash games.

To achieve my goal...

*What limit should i play at?
      *How many tables?
      *How many hours per week?
      *Best site?
  • 1 reply
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello DjAdolfMixer,

First of all i would recommend you to use all of the available resources here at PS such as articles, videos, coachings and the hand evaluation board.

Now for your questions:

1) Using the 25 BI (Buy-In) rule that is recomended for cash games then i suggest you start off at NL10 (0.05/0.10).

2) While you are still learning the basics of cash games i wouldn't play any more than 4 tables (ideally 2).

3) As many as you can manage whilst continuing to play your A-game.

4) i would recommend a site with rakeback while playing at the micros and my personal recommendation would be FullTilt.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve