Home of the sng fish?

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Just opened an account at Partypoker. I am astounded by the poor level of play there. At least in the micros. The 9 man $1 SNG are just ridiculous, people don't have the least idea what they're doing. No idea about ICM, bet sizing, etc. Totally erratic play, etc. And the MTT's I've played so far like 80% of the player limp every hand!!! Sick!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: Played some NL2 and it was about as bad, people playing any two cards all the time. Screw FT and Pokerstars!!! This is heaven!!!
  • 9 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Looks like paradise. :D The players really seem to be very bad on the microlimits. I wish you all the best and please update your poker successes in this thread.

Good luck,
      Hannes
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Got 5th in my first MTT there, $2 tourney for $20 prize, already doubled the $25 I started with. And I was out on a supernasty bad beat, AKo vs. AKo, all money in on Axx flop, villain hits runner runner flush!!! Just plain horrendous play there. People LIMPING in the final table shorthanded every hand, I couldn't believe it. Also on the final table, people completing the small blind all the time, no steals. :s_o:
    • drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      Just opened an account at Partypoker. I am astounded by the poor level of play there. At least in the micros. The 9 man $1 SNG are just ridiculous, people don't have the least idea what they're doing. No idea about ICM, bet sizing, etc. Totally erratic play, etc. And the MTT's I've played so far like 80% of the player limp every hand!!! Sick!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: Played some NL2 and it was about as bad, people playing any two cards all the time. Screw FT and Pokerstars!!! This is heaven!!!
      What the hell r u talking about NL2 at PP m8!!!?? I would gladly share your opinion :s_evil: but gotta disagree! Dunno about SNGs and MTTs there, but I've played NL2 FR for the last week and switched to NL4 now. That place is so bloody nit/tag/rock/tight-passive and reg INFESTED!! It is a nightmare there :s_frown: ...I'm using table shark lately and scannin like mad...gotta change table every five mins or so cuz I always end up sitting with like 3rocks+3tags +3Tight/Passive etc... Almost Impossible to exploit'em @FR !

Guys please I need some of ur inputs on party, what happened to all the fish there? Is party any better at higher stakes ? Is it more exploitable @ short-handed? Since I'll be tryin' myself out on SH as soon as I study enough for that!
      I'm seriously thinking of switching to FullTilt or PokerStars, but that wont be in a month or two till I grind 600$ so I can fully benefit from first deposit bonuses there :s_cool: I'd love to see some discussion about PP and its tightness, personally its driving me maad. Anyone sharing my hard time here :f_o: ?

Cheers

dRb
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Just dont forget that the fish wins from time to time as well so dong get to cocky and risk all your money ;)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I find the same thing at ipoker, superweak sng, but the cash tables are full of nits. at least that was the way last time i played cash tables about a year ago.

I would reccomend to any sng player to hunt around for a weak site rather than just playing FT and stars
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      It's good idea only for ppl who play few or one table, I played on Pacific to get free HEM, SNG & MTTS players on 20-50$ buyins play even worse than 10$ SNGS on stars. Only problem is waiting. You have to wait a lot for a game, it's possible to open 5 or more tables only at evening, sometimes there are only few cash tables and low limit sng games, so I better multitable on stars, coz it's boring
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drbloody
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      What the hell r u talking about NL2 at PP m8!!!?? I would gladly share your opinion :s_evil: but gotta disagree! Dunno about SNGs and MTTs there, but I've played NL2 FR for the last week and switched to NL4 now. That place is so bloody nit/tag/rock/tight-passive and reg INFESTED!! It is a nightmare there :s_frown: ...I'm using table shark lately and scannin like mad...gotta change table every five mins or so cuz I always end up sitting with like 3rocks+3tags +3Tight/Passive etc... Almost Impossible to exploit'em @FR !

Guys please I need some of ur inputs on party, what happened to all the fish there? Is party any better at higher stakes ? Is it more exploitable @ short-handed? Since I'll be tryin' myself out on SH as soon as I study enough for that!
      I'm seriously thinking of switching to FullTilt or PokerStars, but that wont be in a month or two till I grind 600$ so I can fully benefit from first deposit bonuses there :s_cool: I'd love to see some discussion about PP and its tightness, personally its driving me maad. Anyone sharing my hard time here :f_o: ?

Cheers

dRb
      My sample size is probably too small then, I only played 200 or 300 hands of cash tables so far in Party. When I found how profitable the SNG I didn't play anymore so far. I played some NL2 where it was totally fishy, lots of people playing any two cards, I stacked little fish on almost every table I played. There what annoyed me was the huge ammount of small stack tables, almost all the good % tables were the small stack ones, and I almost rather not play then play for so little. Putting a lot of effort for a possible $0.80 pot really doesn't cut it for me.

Then I played some NL4, there I did see some of the behavior you mentioned, but I didn't think of it as much of a problem, or didn't play long enough for it to worry me. For example I saw above average folding to pushes, fold to steal and fold to resteal and fold to 3 bet on NL4, which I actually liked, but I if as you say play is like that all the time, it is indeed very hard to stack someone. And as you said, this behavior would definitely charaterize calling station/rock/weak tight players.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      I would reccomend to any sng player to hunt around for a weak site rather than just playing FT and stars
      So true, I just finally realized this. :f_biggrin:

I guess I should have taken more seriously that article here that says something like "good players only play against worse players then them". FT and PS are definitely not the ideal places, for example in stars I see tons of gold/plat/nova even double nova crunching $1 SNG's!!! Why play against good players! :f_confused: :f_p:
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      all or most fish are at the shallow tables sadly .. or in the jackpot tables...

but you still have an edge of the rocks/ nits etc.. so even if you dont have a fish at your table you can still make a profit.. its just slower and more difficult!