Poker room for slow internet connection ?

• Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      I have a slow internet connection. Are there any rooms that are less sensitive to a slow connection, and, on the other hand, rooms that I should stay away from with a slow connection ?
  • 9 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi there,

on which room are you playing? Currently there seem to appear problems with the various iPoker skins, this could be the cause of your seemingly bad connection.

Hadi
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Hi !

Believe me, it is sloooooooow.

I'm an absolute beginner. I try to decide where to put my beginner's 50 dollars.

I don't want to put my money in a poker room that I can't use.

Tiffy
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      all poker rooms (except possibly PKR and even then its really only going to be a problem of patching the software) use very little information when transferring between user and server, so you shouldn't really have a problem as far as playing is concerned
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Did you find a suitable room now? If not, create accounts via us and play on playmoney games before deciding for one :)

Hadi
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Thank you all.

I followed your advice Hadi, sort of.

I downloaded the software for most of the poker rooms on poker strategy's list and started surfing between, and within, the sites. It is easy to see which sites work with a very old computer, with a very slow connection, and which do not.

At the same time I found some poker rooms that I like, and some that I do not like.
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tiffy2
      It is easy to see which sites work with a very old computer, with a very slow connection, and which do not.
      As pOrkus said, it's not huge amounts of data we're talking about here, especially if you're not multi-tabling. So I would think the stability of your connection is more important than its speed. In any case, I'm very curious to see which sites worked best for you. Care to share? :)
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, but they are not included in the $50 offer, so I have to pick something else.

I have access to two connections, one very slow, but sure, and one less slow, but unreliable.

I might end up using old slow and sure, we'll see.

I might add that my computer is located in Thailand, in south-east Asia.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello Tiffy2,

Have you tested Full Tilt Poker as well?

You can receive your starting capital there and I think the site doesn't need a fast internet connection.

You should take the slow and stable connection. It is really annoying if you have a good hand and then you lose the connection.

Good luck,
      Hannes
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Yes, I'll probably end up with Full Tilt even though the site is a bit intimidating to an absolute beginner.