SH or FR?

• MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I just have a question regarding which gametype you think suits me more. The thing is, I've been playing NL SH for quite some time now, and I'm actually not running bad, but what I've noticed is that my VPIP and PFR are about 15/12, and that's over 50k hands.
      I think that's really not enough agressive for SH, but more suitable for FR, isn't it?

- Do you think I'd do better on FR with these stats?
      - Which factors should one regardard, when deciding between FR and SH?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Kind Regards,

Jkob.
  • 2 replies
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey man... I've just switched from FR to SH recently and had stats that were pretty much like yours. Something like 15/11 (VPIP/PFR). Then I noticed how suitable it was for FR, but not for SH.

The best thing I got my hands on in order to make the adequate changes in my game was Holdem Manager's LeakBuster. It's an application that comes along with HM and REALLY finds a lot of leaks and things you have to improve in your game.

VPIP and PFR are important stats, but things like attempt to steal, fold to steal, resteal, 3-bet, fold to 3-bet, c-bet, fold to c-bet, agression factor and positional open-raising are also very important. Could you post all of your stats here so we could have a better look in it?

I'd strongly recomend you to install HM even in demo version just to have a look on what LeakBuster has to "say" about your game.

You can also have a look on the SH session reviews of this site. They surely help a lot. :s_cool:
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Ah... some curiosity. It's not THE GREAT RULE, but it's a slight guideline. A program called Poker Edge (which is forbidden in most poker rooms) categorizes a "shark" as a player who has VPIP < 25%, PFR > 15% and Agression Factor > 2.0.

Not the rule, as I said, but gives a notion.