[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• enemaze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU raises to $2.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6) J, 2, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero raises to $11.24(All-In), BU calls $7.87.

Turn: ($28.11) 3 (2 players)

River: ($28.11) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $28.11.

Villains stats (not a good sample size but it's all i had): 19/11/1.7

I've just started taking shots at NL10 so im not really used to the game there. From my limited experience in this situation i put villain on a big hand. I dont think he'll be bluff 4 betting in this spot, the question is would he do this with AK/JJ+. I decided to play cautiously and just call. i get a decent board and i figure if i called the 4-bet thinking i might be ahead it probably hasn't changed, so i get it in.
      Is there a better way to play this hand?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think your line is fine. The two main alternatives would be:

- 5-bet preflop and get it in. It's usually the right play if villain is ever capable of going broke there with AK/QQ. Considering he looks kinda tight and you're somewhat deep with him, chances are he's not likely at all to be 4-bet bluffing and he might be able to simply fold QQ/AK if you 5-bet, which looks insanely strong.

- donk the flop small trying to represent something like 88 which wants to know where its at. it's possible villain would attempt to raise you with stuff like AK/bluffs and lose more money in the process than he would have by just c-betting. Not a line you should take against people who are most likely to just give the pot to you when you donk out tho, which that guy might very well do.

As for nl10 in general it's usually not that different from nl5, just play your normal game (by that I mean don't feel like you have to play differently, you don't) and you should be fine.

Hope it helps.