[NL20-NL50] Nl25Sh Qq

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      this guy was a total nightmare. at this time, i thought he was maniac, altho we didnt have much hands together yet. limp/calls everything, NEVER folded to a 3bet, sometimes plays passively, yet already (overbet) shoved a bunch of times as well.
      eventually i had enough hands, so his stats 42/16/1.5/35/58/546
      anything else u wanna know? its a pretty decent sample size
      his WTSD is pretty high, but then so is his w$SD so maybe he is just on an insane heater? tips on how to beat a guy like this?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.58)
      Hero ($22.30)
      UTG ($44.09)
      CO ($62.26)
      BTN ($56.76)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:club:

UTG raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4, UTG calls $3

FLOP ($8.10) 3:heart: 5:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $5, UTG raises to $25, Hero ?

easy call/all in? so many draws on board, who knows he might even have a monster draw... is it right to just fold QQ to such a guy?
      btw noone will ever guess his hand...

edit: he doubled up previously with trips vs some guy's 2pair, other SD hands, he called down 33 on 2K458 board and won vs someone's busted FD, and raised K9o in CO hitting his K on turn...
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      No with such a guy i am not folding that for sure. He might have an over pair or just a flush draw or with your reading he might be just bluffing with air.

Maybe he is also flop done with A2 or with 67s or maybe he got his set.

But there are still many many hands that he is capable to push that i think call is just mandatory.

How to beat that guy? With hand like your is. I think this is nice example how to beat him:) )

If not in this hand then in 5 others.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Rebuy to 100bb, you're missing value inherently every time you enter a pot if you don't.

The only way you'll be able to make some sense of what he's doing is to closely study everything he shows down to construct standard ranges for him. To me so far it looks like he's just calling, sometimes calling down, with marginal showdown value, and yet he shows up on the flop with an insanely wide range every time, so all those air hands have to go somewhere.

Depending on how he reacts to c-bets you can likely get a rough idea of what he's doing. If he's folding to them a lot, he's probably just shoving when he has something decent and calling down marginal hands, while folding stuff that totally whiffed. If he's never folding it's probably he's floating/bluff-raising with all sorts of trash, weighted depending on the % you get for each play.

According to his play K9 and depending on the exact board, it very much looks like he's just overvaluing stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if his value raising ranges included any and all top pairs, which together with air makes it pretty much impossible for you to fold TPGK+ against him.

So in this hand there is no way we're folding that with those reads indeed. He's likely capable of playing any and all pocket pairs like that, with a discount on those that beat us which he'll sometimes 4-bet preflop. In addition with random draws and spazzes from a guy who looks just overall terribad, you just have to call it off and remind yourself not to tilt no matter what while you wait for the result :p

Hope it helps.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      what was villains name purple i may have some hands on him:) at a glance he seems similar to the guy that overshoved the flop vs me

i dont think i would ever fold here vs unknown, most nl25 players would never take that line with a set, although they do tend to overbet 2 pairs on flops quite a bit due to the pf action this is pretty unlikely.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yep dyl. he's the same guy u played stacks with. i remember he flopped flush vs ur trips...as i looked on in despair ;( his nick:barx1210
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      if it was him i think he probably limped with shit and more than likely has you beat, although he might take this line with JJ/TT/99 also
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      he didnt limp dyl. he raised in UTG with 34o :f_eek:

edit: AND called a 3bet OOP too