Need Help (deciding FR / SH)

• MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I just have a question regarding which gametype you think suits me more. The thing is, I've been playing NL SH for quite some time now, and I'm actually not running bad, but what I've noticed is that my VPIP and PFR are about 15/12, and that's over 50k hands.
      I think that's really not enough agressive for SH, but more suitable for FR, isn't it?

- Do you think I'd do better on FR with these stats?
      - Which factors should one regardard, when deciding between FR and SH?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Kind Regards,

Jkob.
  • 6 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I'd try FR for some time and if you make more money, then you should play FR. If you don't, you can always come back to SH. ;)
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      I'm not familiar with SH but 15/12 are pretty good for FR since you will be playing only great hands with serious probabilities of winning and also you will be raising almost every hand you play instead of check/calling so I'd say give a shot.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Play the game that you most enjoy! You will eventually make more money at that if you keep working on your game :)
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Thanks for the opinion guys!

Originally posted by TobyCS
      Play the game that you most enjoy! You will eventually make more money at that if you keep working on your game :)
      Well Toby, you've got that absolutely right, but to certain extent. SH means much more agressive play, more squeezing, 3betting, stealing etc etc. I am well aware of that, but I still can't manage to get my VPIP/PFR over 15/12, and that is why I have these doubts if I'm playing the right version of NL Hold'em...
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      ok, going from SH to FR, is like switching from a 500+ HP car with awesome acceleration to a coal-running locomotive lol. But so far it was ok, I made 2 buy-ins in half an hour, whereas my BR at SH tables was going pretty much up and down.

Anyway, I have a question regarding playing pocket pairs on FR. How do you play small pocket pairs if you are first in? Do you raise from any position as in SH? Or limp / fold form earlier position?

And how do you play a bit higher PP like 99 or TT? The same?
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Here, read this. The more the better.