[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - Aq

• MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Hello, I have just started playing SSS a bit more. I'm struggling with AK-AQ type of hands on a low/missed board against one villain. Here's an example.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) by Hand Converter CG

MP2 ($102.73)
      Hero ($20.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , A:club: .
      UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $6[/color], Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls $5, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($14) 4:heart: , 2:club: , 4:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      MP2 checks, Hero ?

Villain is 35.8/7.7/1.2 over a large sample. Is it profitable here to bet (any bet commits us, so it's definitely AI), he is basically calling with any PP and we're drawing to 6 outs (don't mind the nut backdoor flush draw, pretend that we have just A high). Even on a flop like T82, villains call down light with any PP basically.
  • 6 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      If you have the read that he will call here in most of the times, then checkbehind and hope to pick up one of your Outs on the Turn. If you see a chance that he will fold more often, the make a C-Bet.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      I guess if I had that read, I wouldn't be posting this question ;)
      Anyway, yesterday the same occasion concurred twice on a relative low paired flop. Both times I pushed and was called by flush draws. So some of the villains are willing to call even with flush draws along their PP's. So I guess it's really villain dependent.

What about if we are first to act?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I always have the "limed-called pf" stat overlayed onto the table which gives a clue as to how likely villain is to be playing a small PP. I know this is not much but it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you raised on the BB or SB, on that flop I would go all-in against single opponent. His hand range should be only poscket pairs and you have backdoor flush draw+ 6 outs, hard to believe that someone limp/calls with A4s.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I agree here with Kaitz, unless you have other reads on your opponent.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MMa7
      (don't mind the nut backdoor flush draw, pretend that we have just A high).
      I stated that we have just A high and rule out the backdoor flush draw.
      And I don't really agree that someone with 36 VPIP is calling with ONLY pocket pairs, this is way off. He's calling with way more hands here.

Nunki: Thanks about that, but I don't use PT, so I don't have that stat ;)