This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK, what to do on R after calls on F and T?

• Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.10 NL RUSH (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $14.85
      SB: $26.30
      BB: $6.81
      Hero (UTG): $9.70
      MP: $8.94
      CO: $6.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 7:club: 2:spade: 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $1.65, BTN calls $1.65

River: ($5.45, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

VpIp/PR/AFq
      Villain is 13/9/67

My plan was to check/call for bluff induce if he is on busted draw or if he decides to bet pairs like 88+, is that ok or I should value bet river against random pairs.

But now when I take a look at his stats again, I don't think that I could be ahead on the river if he bets, is that wright? I also don't think that he would call another bet considering my stats, 17/10/45, is this wright? Am I to tight for this level?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Looking at it from the begining, I think villain is tight enough that most of his range preflop for calling you will consist of pocket pairs well as good broadways. So since I don't put him on many hands that can actually have 7x or a draw on that flop (not to mention he might raise a flushdraw because he'll have big cards with it), I think his range on the rivered is weighted toward 88-JJ more than busted draws and boats.

And since I don't expect anybody at nl10 to think real hard about folding 88-JJ on the river when the draws missed, I think this is still a valuebet by default. I wouldn't go higher than $3-$3.5 tho, just to make sure we don't make those hands fold, because if we do, then we're just throwing away money.

Hope it helps.