[NL2-NL10] Aq

• rohit3887
      rohit3887
      Bronze
      I chk the flop for value bcoz the player seem aggresive with high AF and i knew he is gonna bet. But his reraise on turn made me fold the hand .Was that a call could he have 78,set,KQ,AQ or just Air

maybe FD wit pair??dunno

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.26
      BU:
      $11.99

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) Q:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.25) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, BU raises to $6.75, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.25
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if you're right about him betting often when checked to, it's usually not a good idea to start inducing bluffs against aggressive players just to then donk into them and fold to a raise. You expected them to be aggressive, they oblige, then you fold?

Not to mention stats are hard to interpret correctly, I recommend making you sure really understand what they mean. AF is a very dicey stat, just because it's somewhat high doesn't mean villain is out of line constantly. You'll find nits will incredibly high AF just because they only play KK+ and bet all the way with it. You'll find aggressive with with lowish AF just because they play 100% of hands, yet they're betting a lot relatively to the ton of hands they're playing.

I'd just c-bet the flop regardless and shove over a raise because of all the draws out there.

As played on the turn I'm tempted to fold as well just because I don't believe we have reasons to think he's as aggressive as that to begin with.

Hope it helps.