This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aq

• rohit3887
      rohit3887
      Bronze
      I chk the flop for value bcoz the player seem aggresive with high AF and i knew he is gonna bet. But his reraise on turn made me fold the hand .Was that a call could he have 78,set,KQ,AQ or just Air

maybe FD wit pair??dunno

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.26
      BU:
      $11.99

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) Q:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.25) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, BU raises to $6.75, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.25
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if you're right about him betting often when checked to, it's usually not a good idea to start inducing bluffs against aggressive players just to then donk into them and fold to a raise. You expected them to be aggressive, they oblige, then you fold?

Not to mention stats are hard to interpret correctly, I recommend making you sure really understand what they mean. AF is a very dicey stat, just because it's somewhat high doesn't mean villain is out of line constantly. You'll find nits will incredibly high AF just because they only play KK+ and bet all the way with it. You'll find aggressive with with lowish AF just because they play 100% of hands, yet they're betting a lot relatively to the ton of hands they're playing.

I'd just c-bet the flop regardless and shove over a raise because of all the draws out there.

As played on the turn I'm tempted to fold as well just because I don't believe we have reasons to think he's as aggressive as that to begin with.

Hope it helps.