What is wrong with PartyPoker? Too tight !!

• drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      ...or should it rather be called TightPoker, or NitPoker? Or even RockPoker hahahahahahaha CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Guys what the hell is wrong with PartyPoker ? Dunno about SNGs and MTTs there, but I've played NL2 FR for the last week and switched to NL4 now. Though I will be playin MTTs in future, but not soon anyways.
      Anyway back to the point, that place is so bloody nit/tag/rock/tight-passive and reg INFESTED!! It is a nightmare there :s_frown: ...I'm using table shark lately and scannin like mad...gotta change table every five mins or so cuz I always end up sitting with like 3rocks+3tags +3Tight/Passive etc... Almost Impossible to exploit'em @FR! I'm not going mad out of 4K hands per day or tilting or being too loose, no no no! Stats dont lie... Don't say I should be tighter LOL, on the contrary I did try to loosen up a bit tho(with postflop care and control)...didn't hurt to try, but didn't help either.

Guys please I need some of ur inputs on party, what happened to all the fish there? Is party any better at higher stakes ? Are players there any more exploitable @ short-handed? Since I'll be tryin' myself out on SH as soon as I study enough for that!
      I'm seriously thinking of switching to FullTilt or PokerStars, but that wont be in a month or two till I grind 600$ so I can fully benefit from first deposit bonuses there :s_cool: I'd love to see some discussion about PP and its tightness, personally its driving me maad. Anyone sharing my hard time here :f_o: ? What are your experiences at microstakes there, FR? SH? Is it any different at higher stakes?

Cheers

dRb
  • 19 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i feel the same at the moment playing NL25 on party..

all fish are on holidays i think ...

im starting new tables , like 3 or 4 of them and 95% of the time fish start sitting next to me.

you can only do that if you can play headsup and shorthanded for a while
    • PokerKidDory
      PokerKidDory
      Bronze
      I have one week since I began playing only 6 $ heads-up on party...for the same reason..too damn tight ( at least at NL4 and NL10)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yep, i'm playing NL2FR there as well and the lack of fish is incredible. I actually get excited when one sits down on multiple ones of my table, make a note instantly and add them to my buddies list :D
    • mrkaktus
      mrkaktus
      Bronze
      when I was playing at PP it works for me to start new tables. fish always came and often had full table of guys 50/10. actually it was less than month ago so I dont suppose it to change so much. but I played SH. btw. even regs at NL10 played often reaaaaly poor so I wouldnt be so concerned about playing even tables with only regs. if they are tigh/nity/rock just 3bet them light to death and steal their blinds etc. there is no way micros at party cant be beatable :) gl :)
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      the world cup recently may be a reason why there was no fish.

also holidays of course :)

play during weekends/evenings.
    • kittenslikemilk
      kittenslikemilk
      Bronze
      party is indeed supernitty. i am currently playing .4nl 6max since FR was supersuperSUPERnitty.
      during my 3rd or 4th session i won a full buyin just by stealing blinds and c-betting flops whenever i was called. i barely saw a single turn card. although kinda dull, it is +++EV. classic superstandard LAG vs five 15/9 types = $$
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Just played a session of FR and for once it was an absolute donkfest :D Won 4.5BI in 250 hands :D

Even had one guy call down both streets looking for a gutshot, and when he missed it he still called potsized raise on the river with A High :p
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

you'll find fish, if you make table selection.
      Or sit yourself alone on an empty table with 100BB. This way, good regs won't join but instead fish. If indeed a regish looking guy with 100BB joins, just sit out and don't play him.
      I only play SH so no idea about FR.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      The 20BB table are quite fishy, but yeah, i expected much more fishes when i registered there. X( (i play NL2)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I don't play on party, but just got my 2nd bonus, so considering trying it out now that i'm no longer a fish :) .

Are there deepstack tables? Do people play close to correct there, or is it as potentially profitable as i'm expecting it to be :D
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Today was my last day on PP for now. Cleared the rest of my first deposit bonus during today and what I saw during day (CET) was rather fishy tables. I'd say in general on PP there are tons of fishes on NL25 and there are more whales compared to FT.

I still prefrer FT since the playerpool is way bigger so you can table select more especially when playing fr.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      first day of playing at PP. so far I have to say i'm quite happy. there are a lot of rocks, but thats exploitable and low variance, so i'm happy. and of course there are still whales and other fish.
    • syberking
      syberking
      Bronze
      I also play part poker FR NL2 and i think its only fish and bad players :P , they give away blinds and its very easy money when in position from my experience maybe i have been lucky but i won 25 dollars now from last 4000 hands
    • ZiiOne
      ZiiOne
      Bronze
      PartyPoker is kind a tight, as I'm new player and fish I'm losing not winning...
      I hate damn bad beats, I had so many times beat by A2 with my KK and rivers is killing me, I got flush, but my opponent catches full house on river and like that almost all the time...
      If I go or call All-in with QQ for example other guy will have 88 he gonna catch another one for sure! Just happened with me again...
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      say thank you to their poker faculty and all the fish there were started playing inside the box :p
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      running 12bb/100 at 4NL. I don't see the problem tbh.

played 13k hands so far.
    • royalbulet
      royalbulet
      Bronze
      don't know about you guyz , but i just played a DoN sng last night 6$ buy in and OMG it ended in 3 minutes. 4 idiots where all in in about 2 minutes so we where 7 left , and 3 more on anotehr minute :) OMG i love party poker :)

Best Regards,

Bulet
    • TheKaizen
      TheKaizen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZiiOne
      PartyPoker is kind a tight, as I'm new player and fish I'm losing not winning...
      I hate damn bad beats, I had so many times beat by A2 with my KK and rivers is killing me, I got flush, but my opponent catches full house on river and like that almost all the time...
      If I go or call All-in with QQ for example other guy will have 88 he gonna catch another one for sure! Just happened with me again...
      You go all in QQ?

If he goes all in first then that might be ok but if you raise AI with QQ then ..well just don't.

4BB+1 till the flop.

I'm playing PP, stuck at a table with tight passives and rocks with one whale of a fish.

who plays every hand and raise calling station

The whale is stopping me stealing all the rocks blinds but I'm so +ev in every decent hand it's fun.

General experience is that PP is exploitable. Rocks and nits = free bb's
    • royalbulet
      royalbulet
      Bronze
      not only that m8 but i know its nto according to brm but i play 6$ SnG on PP ( with the 50$ starting capital ) - about 4 at the same time - and i win or place second in 2 of the 4. many many fish at the 6$ SnG .

Funny story about the SnG i played last night, was in the final 3 , had AA , and was BB , the dude in BU said i'm a fish since i all in to much ( push or fold ftw ...but he doesnt get it ) and he calls the BB , the SB folds , i all IN with AA and the moron said : I think i go nothin' and i'm gonna take ur chips , he called me with K2s . Flop was KAA . hahahaa Just loved how he tilted . He strated swearing and saying how he didnt win the tournament cause of me , the fish :)