NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($9.64)
      UTG ($3)
      UTG+1 ($7.02)
      CO ($11.79)
      Hero ($9.70)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.50, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.60) 7:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade:

SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.60) 7:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade: 9:spade:

SB bets $1.20, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $1.20

RIVER ($4) 7:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade: 9:spade: Q:club:

SB bets $3, Hero folds

SB wins $3.80

SB is playing rather tight - 21/13 over 150 hands, but is super agro (at least from this sample) 6.0 agg.

Preflop reason for calling is that 1) I have BU 2) the other limp/caller is a huge loose-passive fish and I think I can get good value from him if I hit. I'm also getting 3:1 and I know that the "tag" is trying to isolate the fish probably with some decent-ish overcards

1st question - can I bet the flop with this semi-bluff as they both check to me(oesd + bdfd, but upper end of the straight has many reversed implied odds because of making it 4 to a straight for T)?

2nd question - when he leads the turn and the fish folds is my call ip good? I think fold is too weak, especially now that I have a fd as well, and if he has the better straight he's probably not going to believe a backdoor flush that hits the river. I also think he could have some pair/two pair, even set hands that might bet once and check or bet small river.

I was planing to call a small river bet (below 1/2 pot), but as he made it 3/4 I felt he's just too strong on that spot, even tho river is essentially a blank I go for a fold.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise over the limper then, most fish are easy to maneuver and if you hit a huge hand you don't want the pot to be so small that you can't stack the fish unless he himself decides to raise. Also when he limp/calls preflop and check/folds the flop, you make money.

I'm fine checking behind the flop, with a backdoor flushdraw and a bad straight draw undercards, it's not like we have tremendous equity at all. Plus that board hits every hand so it's very unlikely we have decent fold equity against two players, one of whom is a fish.

Fine by me. The fish will often have two pairs/a straight that he will pay off a river bet with and we're getting decent immediate odds.

Hope it helps.