This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ATs - TP+fd against fish 2nd barrel pot bet

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.53)
      Hero ($10.82)
      UTG ($18.38)
      CO ($26.37)
      BTN ($19.08)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.20) 3:heart: A:heart: 2:spade:

SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, UTG folds

TURN ($3) 3:heart: A:heart: 2:spade: K:spade:

SB bets $3, Hero folds

SB wins $2.85

limper is 53/6, SB is 54/17

calling on the turn sux, because if I miss the river I have no idea where I stand and he could try to bluff me with an allin pot bet, but can I shove the turn here? I was discussing this hand with a friend and he said that such a player often pots when he gets scared of the board (as in holding TT-QQ here), while he bets small/checks if he has monster.

On that turn I have 20% equity against AK/set, 34-ish against A3/A2/AQ/AJ and i'm dominating pretty much all FD/SD and lower Aces
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Jamming the turn is usually the worst option unless you can put him on some worse made hand / flushdraw somehow. It turns your pair of Aces into a semi-bluff when it's likely it's the best hand if villain is aggressive enough to be potting stuff like QQ there. If you're worried he's capable of bluff-shoving the river, then call him down instead of making him fold his weak hands / airballs by jamming the turn :p

Hope it helps.