Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.53)
      Hero ($10.82)
      UTG ($18.38)
      CO ($26.37)
      BTN ($19.08)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.20) 3:heart: A:heart: 2:spade:

SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, UTG folds

TURN ($3) 3:heart: A:heart: 2:spade: K:spade:

SB bets $3, Hero folds

SB wins $2.85

limper is 53/6, SB is 54/17

calling on the turn sux, because if I miss the river I have no idea where I stand and he could try to bluff me with an allin pot bet, but can I shove the turn here? I was discussing this hand with a friend and he said that such a player often pots when he gets scared of the board (as in holding TT-QQ here), while he bets small/checks if he has monster.

On that turn I have 20% equity against AK/set, 34-ish against A3/A2/AQ/AJ and i'm dominating pretty much all FD/SD and lower Aces
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Jamming the turn is usually the worst option unless you can put him on some worse made hand / flushdraw somehow. It turns your pair of Aces into a semi-bluff when it's likely it's the best hand if villain is aggressive enough to be potting stuff like QQ there. If you're worried he's capable of bluff-shoving the river, then call him down instead of making him fold his weak hands / airballs by jamming the turn :p

Hope it helps.