Purple Poker Plog - MTT SnG Adventures (currently beating the 4.40$ 180s non-turbo)

• 31 replies
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What you were playing isn't SSS ;) You're playing more BSS, although you should have auto rebuy to max option set for that :) SSS is playing with 20BB, which would be $1 at NL5.

BSS is a lot less "robotic" than SSS, which is like being a computer at the micros :D , BSS allows you to develop your postflop game a lot more and is generally a lot of fun.

GL with it all anyway :D
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      You can play SSS on 20-50 BI tables on Pokerstars.
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Hey, finally a fellow Mac player! I use Copilot as well, after evaluating I was convinced that it is the best choice for Mac users... I tried to install PT3 but it was so difficult to set up that I deleted the software without playing a single hand.

As for your blog, I have a little suggestion that will help your game as well as bring more traffic as you're anxiously waiting: try to post hands in which you played very good, made a great read or even the standard raise, c/bet & take the pot. If you write about the suckouts others give you, they're gonna get imprinted in your memory. And that is not good.

I remember when I used to play basketball that I was training from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning to the moment I turned off the light to go to bed. How? I had a picture of a standard basket, and I had to "see" a basketball going perfectly through whenever I looked at the picture. It helped me in a huge way, as when I had to take a real shot, my brain had done that same thing millions of times, so I was really confident that I'd make the shot.

I even tried using the picture exercise with poker. I was noticing that when playing live, I got very nervous when I had pocket aces... I felt my ears swelling, breathing pattern changing, all the tells in the book. So I changed my computer's wallpaper at work to a picture of pocket aces. So, even if I am not at the tables, I've seen so many times pocket aces in my life that it has helped me when I get them dealt live. Go ahead, try it.

Imprint great plays in your memory; I've been trying that for a while, and even through some huge downswings I'm not getting as tilted as before, because I know I made the right play. Keep it up.
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Great, so if you played basketball, you'll understand. The best professional free throw shooters have around 90% from the line. At clutch time, do you think that they are remembering the thousands of times they have missed or the gazillion times they have made it? Then the shooting motion is automatic. If they miss, they will do over their same routine and hit the next one.

Well, in poker it's similar. Will you remember the thousands of times the villain has cracked your aces or the gazillion times you have stacked your opponent with them? So post thousands of times where you've made a great play, so that it is what you have imprinted in your brain.

I know it ain't easy, a lot of hands I posted early in my blog were the suckouts that I had taken, I felt had to vent out teling how unlucky I had been. Then I figured no one will pat my back and tell me I'll get them next time. I'm trying right now to get the suckout out of my system as fast as possible. I admit that every now and then the negative thoughts come out again but at least I'm trying my hardest not to.

With the wallpaper I was referring to live poker; live poker is so slow that you don't get dealt aces every day. Looking at the pocket aces picture thousand of times a day has made pocket aces a routine. I'm getting less excited every time, so I can conceal the strength of my hand better.
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Hey,

I've recently noticed ur blog from ur signature and since I was down to 2tables when I was playing I managed to read through it start to finish by the time they ended :) I also play MTT SnGs on stars, just a bit higher up the chain. These games can be very profitable but they really require a lot of patience and volume. If u can deal with the swings ur likely to be able to do pretty well for urself.

The problem with these games is that there are so many different spots that require different approaches and that makes it very easy for players to get lost in them. As for ur stats it's difficult to get any real information from them as a whole. Stats of players are very different in early stages compared to mid stages and completely different in late stages, so I can't really give u much of a comment. From what I can tell though, ur quite loose and a bit too passive. For more I'd have to see a bigger break down of the stats.

Best of luck to ya!
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Yeah, a VPIP of 22% is too high, which means that you're averaging playing two hands every orbit. You raise PF 13% and call PF raise 14%. Also you fold your BB 75% to a steal attempt. Combining all this numbers I guess you are cold calling raises way too much (loose passive). Also you are going to showdown 49% (loose!) and winning w/o showdown 15% (passive!). So I have to agree with Atoks on his comment.
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze