SSS players

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      i currently play on pokerstars and im trying out SSS on NL20(in their case 25) but the min i can bring to the table is $10 not the $4 it says on on the chart!

is it okay to play SSS with $10 on NL25

cheers
  • 6 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      hello joeldowey123,

PokerStars actually offer tables that have 20-50bb buy-ins that will allow you to buy in for the required amount.

All you need to do is alter the settings in the Ring Game Filter in the bottom left of the lobby screen.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      ahh yeah brilliant thanks!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      But by doing this you don't get the odds that are required for SSS do you?

I've changed to play full stacked and my own way now, but I used to play SSS and I got quite good at it, more curiosity than anything.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Danny,

What odds are you referring to mate?

-Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I guess it would be the implied odds of a big stack calling you, they are going to be a lot more likely to call with a full stack. And if all the SSS players gravitate to these tables then surely the strategy becomes a bit pointless. Granted you may still get a few fish, but really you are just going to be playing against your own range aren't you? And if you are playing against your own range there isn't much room for profit, plus to be convinced that you are ahead you'd surely have to reduce your starting range.

I'm not convinced that these 20 - 50 BB tables are the best option. SSS players would surely be much better off moving poker rooms to where they can play full stacked players.

Maybe I am wrong I don't know, but I can't see how these tables can be any where as near profitable as a table filled of players that have 100BB's as most players will be forced to call around half their stack and if playing full stacked players then they only have to call 1/5th making it a much easier for the full stacked player to call on random draws or mid PP's.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I've never been on these tables but last time I heard was that they are filled with a lot of fish so if this is the case you can play profitably there :)