FullTilt Poker RakeBack vs. PokerStars VPP

• bigdwong
      Hey everyone!

My question is what is better (if they are not equal), FTP's rakeback system or PokerStar's VPP system?

P.S. Does FTP have something like a VPP system on top of their rakeback?
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      Hi bigdwong,

Yes they do also have a VIP system on top of rakeback. General consensus is that Full Tilt is better for smaller/middle stake players, however Stars is better for those that reach Supernova.

Need to also consider the wider picture though, traffic, strength of opponents, availablility/type of games, software etc.

Theres been some good discussion with arguments either way in the forum, a quick search should uncover it.

Best regards,

• MrMardyBum
      As regards to traffic and variety of game (excluding Rush Poker) the variety of game is pretty much the same and you should be able to get a game at pretty much any stake and at anytime.

Traffic is much higher at Stars but the overall standard of play is regarded across many poker forums as much higher.

I myself have a problem that I signed up for rakeback through a different affiliate and can not be tracked to this site (although my site does give me daily balance updates on my rakeback earned :P ) and have a tracked Stars account.

I started grinding again at Stars but after a few thousand hands it seemed pretty clear that it's very hard to work your way up the VIP ladder unless you are playing at least NL25.

So I have elected to play at FTP until my bankroll allows me to play NL25. I am slowly starting to regret my decision, not due to the tracking issue, but the standard of play issue. You'll find FTP micro's filled with fish that have poker knowledge, which means that even if they have called preflop they know when to continue in a hand (obviously this doesn't describe every player and they are some notoriously bad players as well) and when to let it go.

So I myself am left in a quandary because I have made profit at each at a pretty similar rate (around 8 - 12BB/100). However, I feel getting beat at FTP affects your mental status a lot more because of some of the hands that you get beat with when the cards are flipped. I found when I got beat at Stars the other player genuinely has a holding and it was more a mistake on my part that I lost a hand rather than trying to fathom why in hell someone would call a 4-bet (actual hand) for 24BB's with J,9 suited and then donk shove with a flush draw when you have a set of Aces.

This is of course just my own opinion, and others may have different views, but I do get demoralized sometimes by the awful plays that end up beating me at FTP.
    • bigdwong
      Thanks for the info guys! :tongue: