Advice please... Here are my stats!

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I know that the sample size is small but I would like to know if there are any glaring problems that need fixing.

Thanks for your time!

- 5c / 10c
      - 6 handed
      - NLHE
      - cash games
      - these are my stats ever since I got my tracker / HUD
      - 5$ BI

General

Hands - 3200
      Win rate - 7.73 BB/100 (I think this is a little high, I think it is more like 4-4.5)
      VPIP - 25%
      PFR - 12%
      3 bet - 3%
      WTSD - 30%
      W$SD - 48%
      Ag factor - 2.15
      Ag % - 27%

Pre flop by position

Early UO VPIP - 22%
      PFR - 12%

Late UO VPIP - 35%
      PFR - 21%

Early LI VPIP - 32%
      PFR - 14%

Late LI VPIP - 26%
      PFR - 15%

Blinds LI VPIP - 24%
      PFR - 10%

Early vRS VPIP - 20%
      PFR - 0%

Late vRS VPIP - 19%
      PFR - 4%

Blinds vRS VPIP - 20%
      PFR - 3%

Post flop

Bet - 31%
      Bet UO with pos - 40%
      Bet Call - 48%
      Bet fold - 37%
      Bet raise - 14%
      Check call - 28%
      check fold - 67%
      check raise - 5%
      raise - 17%
      call - 34%
      fold - 48%
      raise call - 50%
      raise fold - 50%
      raise raise - 0%
  • 9 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Your most glaring problem is that you buy in for 50bb instead of 100. Play with 100bb always.

The second most is that you call too much preflop instead of raising. If youre going to have 25 VPIP your PFR should be around 22-23.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I appreciate your time. Thank you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Quit before you start. Its all a con
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Quit before you start. Its all a con
      Third advice: Dont listen to this guy :f_p:

Fourth advice: I'll throw in an extra. You have played 3,3k hands. This, you have to know, is very very little (I play about 2k per day and that is not veery much). Be aware that even though you are winning as of this moment, you are very likely to have losing periods that might even at their very depths end up making you a loser in total.
      It is this period that will show if you have what it takes to go far in poker. If you will keep improve your game always and realise the impact of variance, you will end up doing well.

Good luck :)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Just pretend your call button is broken dude.

Calling is almost never an option in my view, as you will never get good info calling.

Good luck on NL10
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      @ fongie

I won't listen... But I think that post is a good lesson that illustrates what you said about the impact of variance. Unless the "A" game is played consistently, the inevitable variance that will happen can truly affect ones psyche to the point where one taps out and blame the gods, "rigged" sites etc. I read what that person has written and I can sympathize, because I've been there, but when I ask myself the tough questions, I know that the reason X happened is because I played bad and I did things I knew I should not have done.

@ Nathan

It is interesting that you said what you said about "gaining info". I've recently started to think in terms of my actions being questions. When I bet, I am asking what you have. It is very true upon reflection that when someone calls me, MY question is answered, but when I call someone else, THEIR question is answered. By calling, I am no longer being active and asking the questions, I am being passive and hoping for the best by simply answering. I want to be the one asking the questions, not the other way around.

:f_o:
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hackbinder
      @ fongie

I won't listen...
      *blinks*, glad no one listens to the coach lol.
      To be honest i would have a much higher vpip i think mine is 32 or there abouts for the 6max games.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      @ Wacko

Very interesting differences of opinion. (I meant I wouldn't listen to the guy who was saying to quit) I did a little data analysis and it turns out that winning players on the site I'm on have a VPIP of either 12-16 or 20-27, PFR of 5-9 or 10-12, 3 bet of either 0 or 2.4-3.4 and aggression of 3.6 and up.

These numbers don't make too much sense at first because I don't see how one can be aggressive at 3.6 and up and have a 3 bet of 0. Or, how can one PFR at 5-9 and still be so aggressive. So the way I see it, in order to be winning player, I need to be either

VPIP - 12 -16
      PFR - 10-12
      3 bet - 2.4-3.4
      Agg - 3.6 +

or...

VPIP - 20-27
      PFR - 10-12
      3 bet - 2.4-3.4
      Agg - 3.6 +

Either way, the bottom line, according to my data on successful players on my site, is that I need to be more aggressive and maybe tighten up, although I've noticed that a lot of players who give me trouble have a VPIP in the range you are suggesting.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nathanrenard
      Just pretend your call button is broken dude.

Calling is almost never an option in my view, as you will never get good info calling.

Good luck on NL10
      calling is for sure a optioin but open limping is not.