This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR QQ SQ from BB Deep

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($58.78)
      Hero (BB) ($37.87)
      UTG ($24.15)
      UTG+1 ($20.21)
      MP1 ($39.15) 15/11 after360 hands, fold to 3 bet 1/5
      MP2 ($11.01)
      CO ($13)
      Button ($25.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.85, 1 fold, CO calls $0.85, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, MP1 calls $2.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.45) Q, J, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, MP1 calls $3.75

Turn: ($14.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.50, MP1 calls $8.50

River: ($31.95) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $22.37 (All-In), MP1 calls $22.37

Total pot: $76.69 | Rake: $3

hello, would you change anything?
      I thought that, I could raise a little bigger preflop as I am OOP and a little deep.
      would you change also raise size on flop and turn? I think slightly bigger - 2BB on flop and 6BB on turn would be fine
      thank you for answer
  • 2 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      That's close to perfectly played imo. Preflop squeeze should be at least 4x the open raise but otherwise betsizing looks just fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed, make it slightly bigger preflop and bet stronger on both flop and turn. His range for calling the flop usually won't change much whether you make it $3.75 or ~$5.4, and since it's comprised of a good chunk of draws (it's hard for him to have Qx and he'd probably check/raise lower sets/two pairs), you want to shovel money in while you're ahead.

The river is a tad unfortunate, since he so rarely has a top pair, probably doesn't have Jx anymore at that point either (even if he does he's not calling the river shove with it) and likely would have played two pairs/sets a lot faster on previous streets given the draws out there, we're shoving into a range of { whiffed T9/KQ that can't pay off, flushes that crush us, top pairs with only one Q left in the deck that might even fold to our shove if it's not AQ }. Since check/calling makes no sense unless we know he'll bluff T9/KQ and it's hard to have a strong enough read to check/fold at that point, jamming hoping he shows the case Q is okay but feel uncomfortable. There are tight players against whom I wouldn't mind check/folding, just because they're not bluffing enough and they're never betting the river with only Qx.

Hope it helps.