A Grinder on his way to the top :P (10,80 DoNs)

• Senderson
      Senderson
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

i am andy, 23 years old and from the german community. I had a blog in german but i don't update it anymore. I want to increase my english skills and maybe make knowledge of new people so i decided to start a new poker blog. My english is not so good as yours so i make mistakes in writing, please feel free to show me my mistakes ;)

I am actually playing the DoNs at Pokerstars. My standard stakes are the 10,80 Regulars but after a terrible shot at the 20s and very bad running at my normal stake, i had to move down to 5,4 DoNs but mixing it up whith the 10,80s. So i hope i can rebuild my roll and leave the 5,4s. As you see, BRM is really important :D

I think i am not the best DoN reg but i want to increase my skills so i produce 1 or 2 videos every week to review my game and get some input. If you want, i can do it in english too and post them here in this blog.

My main leak is that i sometimes think like a cashgame player and make mistakes because of leveling myself :P Cash game was my main game the last 10 monts where i played nearly 1 million hands while i was living from my poker "salary". I grinded about 10 to 20k hands a day up to NL100 but decided in may that i want to become a sng and mtt player.

If my bankroll is huge enough i want to play MTTs and MTT-Sngs but DoNs should be my main game. So in the future i think it will be 80 % DoNs and 20% the other ;) And no one knows if stars will exlude the DoNs from their site so i think it is not bad if i already know how to play other forms of sngs.

I actually live in poland, but i will go back to germany at the end of july. I have no plans for august so maybe i will spent a month in an other country to have fun and grind but don't know where to go. Thailand would be very nice but i think it is too expensive for me :( Maybe i go to Gibraltar but don't know if i find a poker flat until august there. If someone knows where i can go and live with some poker guys in august, feel free to contact me :)

I like travelling and make new experiences and have enough time until next year when i want to start my study. but i don't know where to start my study, so it would be nice if can check out some countries.

I try to achieve the supernova status this year with massgrinding but i will be very hard cause i played the first 5 months at full tilt so i need to move up the limits (maybe 54$ DoNs) this year.
      I know this sounds like an impossible mission but i have a good coach who teaches me 2 or 3 times a week and i am a sick grinder :D

Here is my graph for the first 2 weeks of july playing the 10,80s at the stars:

And here is the month overall, including the limits 5 to 20 $ :(

It is really a bad month for me so far, bad game, tilt and running under EV - so my first goal is to find back into my game and grind that down out :P

Next update will be tonight when i finished today's grinding :)
  • 9 replies
    • Senderson
      Senderson
      Bronze
      I only played 3 hours yesterday, because the weather was too hot to grind :) Today i will grind a little bit more and probably make about 400 VPP today to be on PlatinStar pace for this month

Here is a graph from yesterday, i played 5 & 10 § DoNs:

• Senderson
      Senderson
      Bronze
      damn, i'm so lazy :( only played 108 DoNs in 3 Days. Usually i play in sets, and after each set i start a new one. But instead of opening new DoNs i waste my time with surfing in forums, so i should change it.

So tommorrow will be really a grind day :P

My schedule:

11-14 grinding
      14-16 sleep
      17-19 fitness center
      20-04 grinding

11 hours of poker :tongue: which means about 200 DoNs. I will mix 10 and 5 Dollar DoNs, should make about 500-600 VPP and clear a 50EUR Amazon Gift Certificate (800FPP left).

I hope this will be a successfull day :)

Some rl stuff:

Today i was visiting a big city in my near where i probably will study next year. I usually go by taxi but today i decided to go by bus. I bought a ticket there but didn't know if this was the right. So i went to the bus station and asked a really nice girl if the ticket was right. I asked in english because my polish isn't really good :( She told me that she doesn't understand english but she helped me. I thanked her and we didn't talk anymore. But she took the same bus as me and sat down 2 rows behind me.

10 minutes before my station she left the bus but while she was walking out she gave me a small letter with following text:

"i speak english but so little. i'm very shy. my english it's not perfect. Could you tech me little? My name is xxx. This is my number: xxx"

At first i was like :] but then i saw the backside of the letter:

"i have boyfriend so i want from you only learn. :) "

What's my line? I mean she looks really hot but don't want to waste my time with giving teaching lessons in english without having any profit cause she has a boyfriend. Don't know why she has written that she has a boyfriend? it doesn't make sense for me because if she is intelligent she wouldn't mention that she has a boyfriend and just exploit that i want to hit her and take lessons from me.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      the actual phrase in english is: hit on her NOT hit her.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Teach her, see what happens :) . Friends are a very valuable thing... Besides, boyfriends come and go... ;)
    • Genkidesuka
      Genkidesuka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Teach her, see what happens :) . Friends are a very valuable thing... Besides, boyfriends come and go... ;)
      Yeah...

Nah. You'd have more luck getting into a relationship with her by actually physically hitting her than becoming friends.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Genkidesuka
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Yeah...

Nah. You'd have more luck getting into a relationship with her by actually physically hitting her than becoming friends.
      If all you ever think about is getting into relationships with hot girls, you have no female hot friends... Longterm it's definetely good for you to make friendships despite them not being avaliable... Perhaps they will be some time, but don't count on it.
    • Senderson
      Senderson
      Bronze
      thx for your answers :P i think i will go out for a coffee with her and then i will see what kind of girl she is. Most girls are really easy to "read". But tbh, i don't want to have female friends.

My schedule of today was one big fail. i slept until 2 pm, then went to a restaurant and in the afternoon, i decided to drink some beer and just hang out the last 6 hours.

So i just opened the tables and will grind until i don't want anymore. Schedules are nothing for me.

Today's goal:

Not to look into HM until day is over.

I think most of you know this problem. After each big pot (in my case: win/lose a DoN) you are just refreshing HM and look how the session is.
      As a conclusion of this, these results influence your game ("olol i'm already x $ under ev"). I know that it is one big session but the reality shows me that i shouldn't stop to work on my mindset ;)
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      teach her English

Ask her if she has hot friends (check facebook obv)

???

profit
    • Senderson
      Senderson
      Bronze
      small update :)

Yesterday i grinded a lot but was a break even day :( But i have now enough FPP for the 50€ Certificate so i will sell it and put it into my bankroll ^^

I lose money at the 5$ DoNs but win money at the 10$ DoNs. Don't know why, but i think i'm pushing too loose at the 5$ DoNs which isn't so good cause of the loose calling ranges of villians. Last 200 5$ DoNs are just break even but at the 10$ DoNs i'm running with 10% ROI, which is really good for me. So i obv. should quit the 5$ DoNs and just concentrate at the other. My Bankroll was at 175$ last week, but now i have >400$ again so i'm really confident with the last 7 days.

Today i will grind until i have 2 dates. One date with a really cute polish girl but the only speaks polish. And my polish is really really bad^^ But the told me that she likes wodka so i will give her some drinks that it's no need to talk together :D In the night i have another date with a nice waitress which i made connection with when i was completely drunken friday night :tongue:

could be a good day for me :f_grin:

edit:

You have 2531 VPP's with a goal of earning a total of 7500 VPP's by the end of this month.

You must earn 4969 VPP's in 14 days (including today, July 18th, 2010).
      This averages out to 355 VPP's per da

will be hard to reach platinum star :P