This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR, KK squeeze from BB, 1 caller, set on flop

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($25.70) 14/10 after 545 hands;
      3bet 4%, squeeze 0/34
      fold to 3 bet 5/7; fold to Cbet 3/11; raise CB 4/11, bet in position 13/15
      Button ($25)
      Hero (SB) ($25.10)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($26.94)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      MP1 ($9.23)
      MP2 ($23.57)
      MP3 ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.75, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, Hero raises $4.40, 3 folds, CO calls $3.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($11.50) 4, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, 1 fold

Total pot: $11.50

I give this villain a range of JJ, QQ, AK, maybe TT, AQ
      I thought, that he might be inclined to raise my CB.
      AK is now unlikely, when I hit my set.
      JJ would be the best, as I would stack him without blinking.
      But in case he has QQ or TT, I should give him a chance to bluff right?
      So correct line would be c/c F, c/cT - if checked behind, then shove river.
      If he checks behind flop, I lead turn.
      I don't think I played it too wrong or something, I just had a feeling, that I am losing value from an aggresive player like this, would you agree? :)
      thank you for comments
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not really :p

14/10 aren't really aggressive players. Even if they look like they're often betting in position, most of your hands sample won't refer to what happens in a squeeze pot. It will be them betting in a normal raised pot when you don't c-bet. And if they do decide to bluff it will be with hands that have no showdown value, meaning in that spot maybe AQ (even that they might feel AQ-high is good), QQ/TT will check behind for sure.

If you do check to them it's mostly to give them a chance to improve to a 2nd best hand. Since you won't get value from QQ/TT/AQ by betting the flop and you'll stack JJ/AK/AA anyway, I don't mind you checking for that reason. AQ might catch an A or a Q for a pair+draw hand, QQ/TT might pick up an open-ender or make a lower set, tho of course AQ will also catch a T to beat you sometimes.

Hope it helps.