[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR, KK squeeze from BB, 1 caller, set on flop

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($25.70) 14/10 after 545 hands;
      3bet 4%, squeeze 0/34
      fold to 3 bet 5/7; fold to Cbet 3/11; raise CB 4/11, bet in position 13/15
      Button ($25)
      Hero (SB) ($25.10)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($26.94)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      MP1 ($9.23)
      MP2 ($23.57)
      MP3 ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.75, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, Hero raises $4.40, 3 folds, CO calls $3.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($11.50) 4, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, 1 fold

Total pot: $11.50

I give this villain a range of JJ, QQ, AK, maybe TT, AQ
      I thought, that he might be inclined to raise my CB.
      AK is now unlikely, when I hit my set.
      JJ would be the best, as I would stack him without blinking.
      But in case he has QQ or TT, I should give him a chance to bluff right?
      So correct line would be c/c F, c/cT - if checked behind, then shove river.
      If he checks behind flop, I lead turn.
      I don't think I played it too wrong or something, I just had a feeling, that I am losing value from an aggresive player like this, would you agree? :)
      thank you for comments
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not really :p

14/10 aren't really aggressive players. Even if they look like they're often betting in position, most of your hands sample won't refer to what happens in a squeeze pot. It will be them betting in a normal raised pot when you don't c-bet. And if they do decide to bluff it will be with hands that have no showdown value, meaning in that spot maybe AQ (even that they might feel AQ-high is good), QQ/TT will check behind for sure.

If you do check to them it's mostly to give them a chance to improve to a 2nd best hand. Since you won't get value from QQ/TT/AQ by betting the flop and you'll stack JJ/AK/AA anyway, I don't mind you checking for that reason. AQ might catch an A or a Q for a pair+draw hand, QQ/TT might pick up an open-ender or make a lower set, tho of course AQ will also catch a T to beat you sometimes.

Hope it helps.