This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Hitting flush river facing C/R AI

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $52.04
      MP3:
      $61.54
      CO:
      $35.20
      BU (Hero):
      $49.25
      SB:
      $58.70

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, 8.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.25) 4, 3, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9.25) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.62, BB raises to $47.54(All-In), Hero calls $40.13(All-In).

Final Pot: $101.54.

Villain is 10/4/26 over 49 hands)

CB with flush draw on the flop.
      Since he called I think that the Check turn is good to give me a free card to play the flush.
      I hit the flush and got raised All In.
      What does a big raise AI like this one mean? Villain is pretty tight. Does he have a flush or does he bluff me because he thinks I'm stealiing the pot due to my turn check?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I would bet this turn and fold to reraise. We have initiative and i think we can play here for value.

Than we hit our flush. It is so likely that villian has flush with A or Q. But i think we have to call that and take note for further actions.
    • MiiWiin
      MiiWiin
      I ilike bet/fold here. I dont think this player c/raises here ever a worsrer hand. Its hard to fold the made flush, but I dont think that tis is a proftiabel call.
    • MiiWiin
      MiiWiin
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I would bet this turn and fold to reraise. We have initiative and i think we can play here for value.

Than we hit our flush. It is so likely that villian has flush with A or Q. But i think we have to call that and take note for further actions.
      For value against a 10/4 player? With flushdraw and toppair I prefer the check behind.