Facebook promotion: Vote for the 3rd winner!

• Poll Poll ends on 14.07.2010, at 11:23.
    • Who should win the 3rd poker set?

Eddie Dumea
        50%
        Olah Zsolt-Andras
        42%
        Arno Janssens
        3%
        Stian Kamil Kiese
        2%
        Saulius Žiūkas
        1%
        Tomas Maly
        1%
        Brad Cope
        1%
        John DeMedeiros
        0%
        Lino Mališa
        0%
        Gediminas Augaitis
        0%
      Total: 604 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      As you may have noticed, we announced a promotion on our Facebook page. We asked you to answer a simple question: Why should one play poker? The promotion is over and we have selected two winners: Jonny Carr and Justinas Dimsta. Congratulations, guys, enjoy your new poker sets!

Now it's time for you, the community, to choose who gets the 3rd set. We made a list of five people and we would like you to select the best answer.

Here are the nominees:

Saulius Žiūkas: Because poker is a beautiful game that improves one in many things, like patience, maths, observing opponents, raising-reraising, bluffing and taking all the chips from anyone of the table :) super science

Stian Kamil Kiese: Because it's a hobby that is easy to learn, but takes a full life to master.

Lino Mališa: Poker is a very interesting game, and not only that you can play for fun, but thanks to Poker strategy you can become a real professional poker player without spending any money, just earn your starting capital, and the path to glory is opened!!! The real beauty is to play for real money - only then you can feel the real Poker feeling inside you.

Eddie Dumea: Play poker to see your limits, reach your limits, expand your limits. Tilt early on so you don't tilt further on. Control the game, don't let it control you. Be in charge of them, don't let them charge you. Oh, and enjoy all the perks of the game, because they sure are plenty!

John DeMedeiros: Why should one play poker? Thats easy!!!Its the best game on earth...if you wanna test your minds abilities against other players this is your game!!If you want a outlet from this crazy world we live in this is your game!!If you wanna get your heart pumping this is your game!!This is why poker is My Game!!! my screen name is JBCD71.See you at the tables!!

Olah Zsolt-Andras: You should play poker mainly because it can provide most of the things you need in life : Money, fun, adrenaline, teaches patience, aggresion, math, reading skills, advanced thinking, meeting a whole new community, gives you the free time whenever you want, it sets you goals, improves your life motivation and the most important thing of all, if you are a winning player, it gives you "freedom" on the beautiful planet, where everyone is a slave...

Tomas Maly: Play poker to have fun, test your skills, feel the rush while winning, test your control while loosing and did I mention the FUN? And it`s easy to pick up (when you put some effort into it), using all the help on PokerStrategy given by all those awesome people over there...

Brad Cope: People should play poker for the excitement, the rush of winning someone else's chip stack, constantly trying to outplay one another by trying to learn their game. Having micro stakes games means that someone can risk it all without risking much cash. Poker tests your concentration, intelligence and sometimes your courage to make the right choice, and these are surely all skills that people need to practice.

Arno Janssens: Because its a lovely game which - with a decent strategy - also earns you some money. You can also make the link with other situations. You learn how to cope with bad beat and how its needed to be continiously improving - also outside of poker.

Gediminas Augaitis: First, poker is a great mind game, which also tests your patience. It's also a great way to spend your free time and now you can even play it at home, online. To practice, you can start with play chips and then if you're ready you can have a go with real money, which is way more interesting. Just need to try and then you know what I mean...

Good luck to everyone on the nominee list! The winner will be announced on Friday, the 16th of July.
  • 30 replies
    • Melagis
      Melagis
      Bronze
      >> The promotion is over and we have selected two winners: Jonny Carr and Tomas Maly. Congratulations, guys, enjoy your new poker sets!

Johny Carr and Tomas Maly? In facebook it's written:

Congratulations to Jonny Carr and Justinas Dimsta - both won a poker chipset for their answers on our question "Why play poker?"

So who's the winner? Justinas Dimsta or Tomas Maly?
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      :D
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Melagis
      >> The promotion is over and we have selected two winners: Jonny Carr and Tomas Maly. Congratulations, guys, enjoy your new poker sets!

Congratulations to Jonny Carr and Justinas Dimsta - both won a poker chipset for their answers on our question "Why play poker?"

So who's the winner? Justinas Dimsta (me) or Tomas Maly?
      Well, Tomas Maly is one of the ten contestants for the third set. Surely he can't have won one set and get a second one as well. Right? Unless "all those awesome people over there" fell in love with him...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ohhh, so we actually had to write serious answers
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      stian kiese
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Melagis

So who's the winner? Justinas Dimsta (me) or Tomas Maly?
      Sorry about that, it's Jonny Carr and Justinas Dimsta :)
      Congratulations Justinas! :f_biggrin:
    • Melagis
      Melagis
      Bronze
      thank you ;)
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      I really want the chipset :D

Drawback->

btw i don't remember your nick at skype. i got confused somehow, send me a msg ther
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Thanks for the votes people, currently I'm learning as a poker dealer, those chips would be at the best place :D
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      Thanks for the votes people, currently I'm learning as a poker dealer, those chips would be at the best place :D
      Better in my hands :D

Jk :) Good luck
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stiansk
      Originally posted by OZSA
      Better in my hands :D

Jk :) Good luck
      GL to everyone
    • Smofe
      Smofe
      Bronze
      seriously answers? booooring! wheres the fun? :s_confused:

pff, i´m going to rip some franch fishes ... thats fun :f_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      So who wants MY vote?
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      plz vote for me friend....i would love the chips
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      So who wants MY vote?
      I doo, so badly
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Eddie dumea has alot of friends obviously, coz his answers isnt really saying alot....rather..none..

should give out 2 more sets, one for alot of friends, and one without a bunch of friends..
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      I still think that my answer was the best :f_mad: :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well i can't vote for any of you guys since i don't know your names. :D
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Lino Mališa: Poker is a very interesting game, and not only that you can play for fun, but thanks to Poker strategy you can become a real professional poker player without spending any money, just earn your starting capital, and the path to glory is opened!!! The real beauty is to play for real money - only then you can feel the real Poker feeling inside you.

I can see why this guy is in :P