Rush bankroll?

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      What bankroll rules should be followed in rush?

I'm getting the feeling that one can use a more aggresive bankroll rule on rush. Maybe 10x the buyin only. I've played like 20K hands so far and have experienced virtually no significant swings, only one single day I had like 7 bad beats in 15 minutes, but apart from that nothing. I suppose this is due to playing way less starting hands, way less post flop, and of course playing way less in marginal situations.

So maybe NL5 normal game buying = NL10 rush buyin??? And so forth? Or should I be worried about the "tougher" opponents in the higher buyin and stick to the same buyin level as normal cash games?
  • 4 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      at nl25 rush i had a 20BI downswing so i think if u really want to grind a limit u need atleast 40BI. I personally have like 150BI but i am a brm nit.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      at nl25 rush i had a 20BI downswing so i think if u really want to grind a limit u need atleast 40BI. I personally have like 150BI but i am a brm nit.
      OK, lol, might not be that great an idea to move up then. I guess I haven't hit the variance yet. Or maybe NL5 is way easier to beat.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I grinded NL5 with 20$ at rush :) ) and made it to 250 ...I got lucky that I didnt lose those 20, but from my experience I had two days when I lost like 12 buyins...I think that the 25 BI rule should be kept at rush too....
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Rush is pretty much normal (ofc with deviations such as way more nits + hard to create history vs opponents) ring game, only you play more hands in shorter time, so the BRM requirments should be pretty much the same..

But, if you are on the weaker side and tilt often, then ofc, more conservative brm would be adviced, since u ll have a lot more chances to blow your whole BR;)
      cheers;)