iamavibes poker carrier

• iamavibe
      iamavibe
      Bronze
      After reading a few books and watching a lot of poker T.V in my home country I saw this website advertised and thought I could just read up on a few more poker ideas but when I saw the free $50 I thought deal..

My strengths are in tourneys and sit and goes, to me when I sit down on cash games I am gambling.. I guess I need to do more research, my problem is being bullied by people who have more cash then I do in the table and this obviously doesn't happen in tourneys, at least not in the beginning.

Tonight I won the $6 shootout, winning everyone of my rounds too. This gave me $250 if my calculations are correct. I would like to thank poker strategy for going into detail about place in the table in tables and pot odds, it has taught me to wait for my cards instead of gambling with anything.
  • 4 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      It's impossible to be "bullied" by people with more money at the table because of the all-in rule. If anything, short stacks limit the actions of deep stacks.

Entering a $6 shootout with a small roll is definitely "gambling" by the way. You should seriously consider re-reading the bankroll management articles. (Congrats though.)
    • iamavibe
      iamavibe
      Bronze
      I wasn't really that small rolled (was up like $100 I think)..

I know that the short stack strat. has been tested but I find it difficult to win with all in moves, because either I find myself loosing all my cash or I loose on making cash because everyone folds.. any ideas on maybe what I am doing wrong??
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi iamavibe!

Congratulations for winning the shootout tournament! :)
      But you should definitely reread the short stack strategy articles. The strategy is profitable and especially for beginners it is a relatively safe strategy to learn the basics of No Limit Hold'em. Even a $100 bankroll isn't enough for a $6 buy-in! If you want to play tournaments: your choice. But I recommend that you start with the short stack strategy and build up a bankroll by playing it. In a few weeks we will publish a completely new tournament and SnG strategy area. If you have read these articles you can start with tournaments.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • iamavibe
      iamavibe
      Bronze
      So I found out today why this whole SSS thing wasn't working very well for me and it comes down to the fact that I'm a moron..
      For some reason I thought playing a NL 4c table meant buying in with $4.. And well now I understand why that all in move was costing me my liver every time..
      WOW I really am retarded..

Oh well since I started using my brain and playing the NL10c tables with $2 things have been going really well and have been able to move my bankroll up another $50 which puts me on $300...
      It's been a good 24 hours.
      My major problem with the SSS is defending your blind, something I've read about all over the place, seems not to be noted at all. What is the reasoning for this? I can see the SSS is practically bullet proof other than that.
      Any thoughts?