This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - ATo - Odds To Call Re-Raise?

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Greetings,

I am wondering if I should have called this re-raise or not. I know that the Starting Hands Chart says to fold to a re-raise, but it was a small re-raise and I had Pot Odds of 3.7 to 1. Both of the players stacks were small though, and figuring out where I stand on the Flop would be a bit tricky.

I didn't know what kind of hands my opponent would re-raise with either, not having played against him for long.

I'm suspecting that I shouldn't have called, simply because my opponents were both short stacks.

PS: I don't use a HUD.

Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $0.47
      SB:
      $0.50
      BB:
      $0.60
      MP1:
      $2.39
      MP2:
      $1.97
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.15
      CO:
      $0.98

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.22, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.66) 3, 3, Q (3 players)
      SB bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.38, Hero folds.

Turn: ($1.32) K (2 players)

River: ($1.32) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.32.
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You get more then 5:1 so odds are great its just that you're hand is dominated a lot of the time. You can get in a lot of trouble post flop if you hit an ace or a ten when you're against a 3bet and a call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Mostly it is better to fold, since you end up having too many times dominated by better hands, like AJ+ and JJ+ when you hit your one pair hand and you end up loosing quite big pot