This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK protection

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.60
      CO:
      $2.66
      BU (Hero):
      $2.02
      SB:
      $1.57
      BB:
      $3.10
      UTG2:
      $5.23
      MP1:
      $1.53
      MP2:
      $3.03

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      MP3 posts deadblind, 3 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.4) Q, 9, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30, BB folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.62, SB calls $1.17(All-In).

River: ($3.79) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.79.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).
      SB shows a pair of aces(A A).

SB wins with a pair of aces(A A).

should have bet full pot on flop for sure, (i put him all in because he had 0.16 more than pot bet and i would be pot commited anyway).

I assumed that J8 would be very rare but then there could be two-pair somewhere but they would raise because the table i was at was competant.

The question is weather i should have done a normal bet, not pot size, to see if i would be raised or called and then shove river if called? (i think i did everything right, except the flop bet, because i needed protection and would have the best hand most of the time)

P.S Hmm but then could i really fold to a raise here on the turn? i don't think so
  • 1 reply