FTP account freezes without notice

• Pocketz777
      Pocketz777
      Bronze
      Yeah I know I'll sound like another angry customer but wth lol just wanted to say that I got my starting capital from PS (thx guys you rock and I mean it) very smoothly, I even wasn't asked for ID from pokerstrategy or Full Tilt and I got my $50 and started rolling, anyway after a few days I got almost 60 points and getting used to 4-tabling when suddenly I couldn't log in to my acccount anymore.

More than a day later I get an e-mail from their 24/7 support saying my account is "TEMPORARY SUSPENDED FOR ID VERIFICATION PENDING", oh well hell, why didn't they ask for it in the first place after getting PS capital, before playing, and why did they have to completely froze my account. They don't even freeze it when you try to withdrawal, you just can't take the money but keep playing, right?

I don't know but it is kinda rude to simply stopping you from playing at all without notice just cause you got a starting capital (which prevents you from putting own money on the line at new site), I mean they even didn't have the intention of telling me if I didn't bug their support. And now they demand me to confirm delicate information.

I know this is like soup du jour with poker sites but going trough all the hazzle of cofirming Identity after they act like this coercing you into it or you just can't play at all... even play money.

Anyway as a beginner I found the place boring and a serious grind at the microstakes like lots of tiny microsharks fighting too hard for scraps lol. Even worst than pokerstars, pokerstars is definitely easier at micro and low levels and have lots and better sit & gos (double or nothing are very friendly for newbies like me lol), tournaments and freerolls. And yeah you can still do shortstack there (easier for people starting).

I seriously regret my desition of FTP to receive capital and at least you're a serious grinder already used to bss and going for the rakeback I don't recommend it at all. I tried other sites and did better playing one table than four at FTP so why making it harder to build your bankroll if you're starting off?

Anyway Poker Strategy is a great place with lots of great information to learn and people around who actually care (not like FTP staff) so thank you for the articles and the starting capital, but I guess FTP can keep it and have a ball.

Good luck and good profit everyone, except for the people you playing against :tongue:
  • 1 reply
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey buddy,

sorry it didn't work out for you on FTP - but ID checks are, as you said, standard procedure on most poker rooms. Glad to hear you enjoy what we have to offer you though.

Good luck on the tables :)

Hadi