worst poker bad beat ever!!

  • 15 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 7,613
      Ouchhh.
      This was on FTP?

      There was a thread about this the other day.
      FTP down ??

      Regards,

      Kyle.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.12.2008 Posts: 312
      I opened this thread ready to bash some idiot who lost with AA to a straight or something...

      But I have to say this is one hell of a bad beat. If I was a SNG player I would definitely have a backup plan (i'd even go as far to get a second internet provider.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.07.2009 Posts: 754
      unfortunately not, it was on pokerstars and it was my stupid internet providers fault
      they suck big time but there is a 1 year contract with them so stuck for 2 more months
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2009 Posts: 101
      Last night same thing happened to me too.

      Altho I played just 8x 5.2$ DoN's, as well I somehow managed to win 2 of them. wtf :f_eek:
      I guess PokerStars fish fought over my carcass, and killed eachother in the process.

      Net went out for around 2 hours so it's definitely their fault, probably some repairs/upgrades/whatever, in the time when they thought everyone was sleeping. Well, not me.

      When I get back from the gym I'm gonna call their boss/whoever and hope to accomplish something. Don't think that says in the contract, that they can do unexpected shit like that.


      .
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.05.2008 Posts: 726
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      I opened this thread ready to bash some idiot who lost with AA to a straight or something...
      i'm in the same mood atm, would have prolly got banned from the forums for the language i was planning on using... ;)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.09.2009 Posts: 519
      wholdnt it be cheaper to break that contract?
      P.S. wow, thats so ugly ><
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.07.2008 Posts: 338
      A similar thing happened to me once, but what happened was that an apartment two floors below mine caught fire, so I had to leave the building. I was the chip leader in most of the 9 tables. Fifteen minutes later I started receiving Stars congratulatory emails... I cashed in 7 of the 9 while sitting out!

      Anyway, the funny part was that I reviewed the hand history of one of the tourneys and noticed that one of the players typed in the chat box something about busting me because I was out. I asked support what was their policy on their chat; they reviewed the tourney and credited me with the buy-in of the tourney, in addition to what I earned for getting 3rd place. If the other player had agreed, I'd probably gotten more, but he didn't.
    • immot
      immot
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.05.2007 Posts: 153
      Confirmed worst poker bad beat ever.
    • pokerkingN
      pokerkingN
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.07.2008 Posts: 4
      same thing happened to me ...
      I played a 69+6 tourney on ftp....
      was the chip leader almost all game long
      gor to the final table and HU for 12.5K first price. when i had 1,200,000 he had like 600000 chips ...
      suddenly. connection problem. after 15 min i saw i still have 5K :) finished seconed took 8K ...
      bad beat :)
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.06.2009 Posts: 266
      Hi,

      my friend experienced the same problem about 5 months ago. He then called the support service of his ISP and sent them screenshots later (you haven't made those I suppose). He got a letter from ISP in 4 days with 180$ in it which he lost and a half page apology.

      Perhaps you can do the same?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2008 Posts: 5,255
      Originally posted by pokerkingN
      same thing happened to me ...
      I played a 69+6 tourney on ftp....
      was the chip leader almost all game long
      gor to the final table and HU for 12.5K first price. when i had 1,200,000 he had like 600000 chips ...
      suddenly. connection problem. after 15 min i saw i still have 5K :) finished seconed took 8K ...
      bad beat :)
      Now that's a bad beat
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.02.2009 Posts: 101
      Originally posted by LudiCoka
      Hi,

      my friend experienced the same problem about 5 months ago. He then called the support service of his ISP and sent them screenshots later (you haven't made those I suppose). He got a letter from ISP in 4 days with 180$ in it which he lost and a half page apology.

      Perhaps you can do the same?

      Didn't really take the screen-shot but I do have 8 hand histories that all abruptly ended in the same time. So that will be enough,
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.07.2009 Posts: 754
      I :heart: pokerstars :D
      i wrote them an email about this and they answered that they had no server problems, all the players conitinued play as normal and they gave me links to terms and conditions where it says its not their fault if you have connetion problems and at the end they said "but ah well we'll give you a refund anyway" :tongue:
      go pokerstars!!
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.05.2010 Posts: 465
      Originally posted by Leito99
      I :heart: pokerstars :D
      i wrote them an email about this and they answered that they had no server problems, all the players conitinued play as normal and they gave me links to terms and conditions where it says its not their fault if you have connetion problems and at the end they said "but ah well we'll give you a refund anyway" :tongue:
      go pokerstars!!
      +1 pokerstars support! (me like them too)
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.04.2010 Posts: 709
      Originally posted by SickAtHome
      Originally posted by Leito99
      I :heart: pokerstars :D
      i wrote them an email about this and they answered that they had no server problems, all the players conitinued play as normal and they gave me links to terms and conditions where it says its not their fault if you have connetion problems and at the end they said "but ah well we'll give you a refund anyway" :tongue:
      go pokerstars!!
      +1 pokerstars support! (me like them too)

      Better than Bet365 who admitted there were connection problems when I was bombed out of 5 SNG's (2 as chip leader) and then they told me to get lost!!!