Rakeback calculated from bonus offer, pls review

• macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Hello all, i would like to know if my calculations are correct,

I just transfered 300 USD from Full Tilt to PPP and get to these numbers:

To get 200% FDB i need to made 36000 points which equals +- 3600 USD generated rake

for 3600 USD generated rake i will get :
      600 USD FDB
      250 USD cash bonus after reaching 27000 points
      50 USD per month if I do 15000 points/month
      = (950/3600) * 100 = 26,4 % total rakeback ?

Your reviews and opinions are welcome because with these results i will transfer back to FTP where i get 27% without FDB (already completed so it will not afect my net rake anymore) and Ironman challenge where i can get additional cash bonuses

Another problem is that my first experience with ipoker client VS FTP i found ipoker client slow and not so suitable for multitabling (and didnt found any working mods after ipoker update)
  • 17 replies
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      bump
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      BTW to this time i didnt get any PokerStrategy points for generated rake on PPP even if I use PSVIP bonus code
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      It can take a couple of days for the PokerStrategy points to appear, so I wouldn't worry about that just yet.

Now about this: " 36000 points which equals +- 3600 USD generated rake"
      You may be slightly wrong here. For each $ you pay in tournament fees you get 20 PPP points, so you would only need to pay 1800 USD in tournament fees to clear the FDB. I expect that it is about the same in cash game rake. See here for details:
      http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/vip/play-and-earn
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Lets consider i dont play tourneys ... at CG its following

rake range (this is taken from 20 USD pot)
      $ 0.76 $ 1.00
      points awarded

36000/5 = 7200 USD generated rake

rake range (this is taken from 40 USD pot)
      $ 1.80 $ 2.00
      points awarded

36000/11 = 3272 USD generated rake
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      OK, let's forget about tourneys.

When they say "Game Rake Range", what I understand is the rake contributed by all players in a hand, not the rake contributed only by you. So, you would need 7200 USD contributed rake, of which I would expect 1/3 to be your own rake (but that "1/3" is a wild guess because it depends on the games you play, your playing style, etc.).

But you'll have to check it with their staff to make sure they actually mean contributed rake. (I hope this made sense.)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by macounpa
      BTW to this time i didnt get any PokerStrategy points for generated rake on PPP even if I use PSVIP bonus code
      Hi,

do you have already put in your username in this box (step 3):
      Paddy Power Poker

Your calculation is not correct. It is not so easy to do it, because the rake in the table shows the whole table rake. Then sometimes you contribute much less when you fold in the blinds and the other player build up a big pot.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Originally posted by macounpa
      Hi,

do you have already put in your username in this box (step 3):
      Paddy Power Poker

Your calculation is not correct. It is not so easy to do it, because the rake in the table shows the whole table rake. Then sometimes you contribute much less when you fold in the blinds and the other player build up a big pot.

Best regards,
      Hannes
      Ok thank you guys for corecting my thoughts ... i put my username in required box - i forgot on it. So is there some way how can I calculate how big rakeback bonuses included i will get ? I am asking because i calculated my hands per hour on both networks (i usually plays 10-12 tables) and there is almost 60% difference (FT - 500H/hour, PPP 280H/hour) so i am unsure if i will be even able to clear whole bonus and if it is profitable for me to stay on PPP
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Which limit and what style (VPIP and PFR) are you playing? Is it full ring, short handed or heads up? I will try to get the info, but I cant promise it.

On iPoker you definitely play less hands per table per hour compared to Full Tilt. So you need to open more table to get the same amount of hands per hour.
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      FR, NL20/NL50

I do not find ipoker suitable for 12 tables+(not have been able to mod it for better overview on table + notification of tables needed attention really sucks), so yesterday i withdraw my BR and should choose between PartyP/PokerStars/FTP

Anyway thx for help
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Ok, good luck on PartyPoker, PokerStars or Full Tilt Poker :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      the way I read it on the ppp website is that you get a $10 bonus for every 600 points, then you can trade the points for $$$ at 27000 to $250. plus the $50 for getting 15000 points per month.

is this right? I worked out for touneys that if earn 27000 points/month (1350 rake) i'll get $750 back

That's 55% can that be right? plus the FDP

I noticed on william hill the highest rakeback is about 60%
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello bradomurder,

if you accumulate 27,000 points/month, you will produce $1350 rake.

For 27,000 points you get $250.

Then you will reach level 7 Brigadier and get another $100 cash bonus.

How did you calculate $750?

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      it says that for every 600 points generated you get a $10 bonus. so that is $450

plus the $250 for trading the points

plus I thought $50 for level 7 but its obviously $100

this makes it $800 in total so even better.

but this seems unrealistically good
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yes, you will receive your First Deposit Bonus and then you will get for 27,000 points another $450.

Then in total it is $800 which is almost 60% rakeback.

Please be aware that you need to play one full month on PPP to be upgraded on the first.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      60% is pretty good. i'll definitly consider whoring this bonus at some stage
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good luck on Paddy Power Poker,
      Hannes
    • AlienBeamen
      AlienBeamen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Which limit and what style (VPIP and PFR) are you playing? Is it full ring, short handed or heads up? I will try to get the info, but I cant promise it.

On iPoker you definitely play less hands per table per hour compared to Full Tilt. So you need to open more table to get the same amount of hands per hour.
      Hi HannesZ can u make for me the calculations?

stats 10/8 TAG rulez at sng low blind (I'm beginner in cash game I haven't stats..)

NL10

4x tabling.

FR or 6max I dont Know now....

tnx