This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR, AKo IR, wet board

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($11.26)
      BB ($24.30)
      UTG ($21.67)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      MP1 ($30.52) 53/6 after 54 hands, very low aggresion so far. AFr 16%
      MP2 ($25)
      Hero (MP3) ($25.28)
      CO ($24.65)
      Button ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.10, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 9, T, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.55) K (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50

River: ($5.55) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.75, MP1 raises to $7.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $11.05 | Rake: $0.55

against this villain check behind on flop is fine, on the turn I could bet 1BB more.
      On the river I was deciding between check behind and value bet. I chose to bet, because I could get value from worse hands. His check raise looks like a flush most, but it could also be a bluff or worse two pair or just an ace. Most of the times I expect him to show me flush, so I fold without other reads.
      Is fold too weak?
      thank you for your comments again :P
  • 6 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

I think sample size is too small in this case, but defenitely very wierd line for a loose passive player. I don`t see him just with completed fd on river, maybe it is A9 or A7, he is defenitely calling the turn with those two hands since u didn`t cbet the flop. Maybe it is even a bluff, A in his eyes is a scare card for you? Who knows?

Anyways I am calling the river cuz of the odds.

EDIT: hmmm.. I somehow missed the possible str8... maybe he badly slowplayed it or smth... I think I would still call the river :f_biggrin:
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Nice fold, you're always beat by 6s4s or Qs2s and to me it just looks exactly like one of those two.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Don't think it is hardly ever Ax. Maybe sometimes a worse two pair. But this type of fish loves to play suited cards, so I also would fold the river. You hadn't invested much in the hand anyway.

And I think your reasoning for not cbetting should be that the board is draw heavy, and not that the villain is passive (If I understood you correctly). I would cbet it myself and second barrel a blank, since this type of player

Also your turnbet should have been stronger imo.
    • oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      thank you for comments guys :)
      Gregor: I used to call way too much on river some stupid min/raises and now I try not to be calling station on river. The thing is that I maybe started folding too much, but I have to find the middle :) In this case I didn't feel ahead of his range, but my play can be considered as weak and he may c/r the A or so. I'm a tagfish so far :)

Shevtshenko: I don't understand, is your post serious or ironic? :)

hansbans: I check behind because this flop hits his limp/calling range. I don't see him folding better. By check behind I want to keep the pot smaller. That was my reasoning. On the turn I agree I had to bet bigger :)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      I'm always deadly serious while talking about poker. :f_biggrin: Just referring to the fact that if such a guy has any two suited, he's not going to fold preflop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think river is easy valuebet and against that opponent I think you can also fold to c/r
      I doubt he is going to c/r there anything worse than flushes