[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR, AKo IR, wet board

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($11.26)
      BB ($24.30)
      UTG ($21.67)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      MP1 ($30.52) 53/6 after 54 hands, very low aggresion so far. AFr 16%
      MP2 ($25)
      Hero (MP3) ($25.28)
      CO ($24.65)
      Button ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.10, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 9, T, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.55) K (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50

River: ($5.55) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.75, MP1 raises to $7.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $11.05 | Rake: $0.55

against this villain check behind on flop is fine, on the turn I could bet 1BB more.
      On the river I was deciding between check behind and value bet. I chose to bet, because I could get value from worse hands. His check raise looks like a flush most, but it could also be a bluff or worse two pair or just an ace. Most of the times I expect him to show me flush, so I fold without other reads.
      Is fold too weak?
      thank you for your comments again :P
  • 6 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

I think sample size is too small in this case, but defenitely very wierd line for a loose passive player. I don`t see him just with completed fd on river, maybe it is A9 or A7, he is defenitely calling the turn with those two hands since u didn`t cbet the flop. Maybe it is even a bluff, A in his eyes is a scare card for you? Who knows?

Anyways I am calling the river cuz of the odds.

EDIT: hmmm.. I somehow missed the possible str8... maybe he badly slowplayed it or smth... I think I would still call the river :f_biggrin:
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Nice fold, you're always beat by 6s4s or Qs2s and to me it just looks exactly like one of those two.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Don't think it is hardly ever Ax. Maybe sometimes a worse two pair. But this type of fish loves to play suited cards, so I also would fold the river. You hadn't invested much in the hand anyway.

And I think your reasoning for not cbetting should be that the board is draw heavy, and not that the villain is passive (If I understood you correctly). I would cbet it myself and second barrel a blank, since this type of player

Also your turnbet should have been stronger imo.
    • oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      thank you for comments guys :)
      Gregor: I used to call way too much on river some stupid min/raises and now I try not to be calling station on river. The thing is that I maybe started folding too much, but I have to find the middle :) In this case I didn't feel ahead of his range, but my play can be considered as weak and he may c/r the A or so. I'm a tagfish so far :)

Shevtshenko: I don't understand, is your post serious or ironic? :)

hansbans: I check behind because this flop hits his limp/calling range. I don't see him folding better. By check behind I want to keep the pot smaller. That was my reasoning. On the turn I agree I had to bet bigger :)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      I'm always deadly serious while talking about poker. :f_biggrin: Just referring to the fact that if such a guy has any two suited, he's not going to fold preflop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think river is easy valuebet and against that opponent I think you can also fold to c/r
      I doubt he is going to c/r there anything worse than flushes