Just SNG

• xx4Deucesxx
      xx4Deucesxx
      Bronze
      Can you make a living and keep a good increasing BR by just playing SNG. The reason i ask is because i have read in a few places now that cash games are a staple diet for any profitable poker player.
      So any thoughts people ?
  • 10 replies
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      everything is possible
    • xx4Deucesxx
      xx4Deucesxx
      Bronze
      That is true but am i taking the hard way?
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      nah, i think SnG's are better than cash until you get to a bankroll of ~$1.5k

cash games are pretty difficult these days but sngs are ok until $20's or so
    • xx4Deucesxx
      xx4Deucesxx
      Bronze
      Thats good to hear im a pretty well above average SNG player but when it comes to cash games these days i really seem to struggle
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      im doing quite ok, thanks for asking ;)
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      what wrong with cash games "theze dayz"?
    • Styr
      Styr
      Gold
      I am doing only SNG's at the moment and am turning up a reasonable profit, about $50 per day on average playing $5 nine man tournaments.

I do not know, if it is because I have absolutely no idea how to play in a ring game, or for some other reason unknown to me, but it is not profitable, not for me, at least. The only way I have had limited success, is when I leave the table immediately after a noticeable winning.

To put it short, SNG's and MTT's are easier than cash games. It may, or may not be true, but I am turning up a constant profit (albeit not necessarily a huge one) from SNG's, and would lose most of the time, playing the latter.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      nah, i think SnG's are better than cash until you get to a bankroll of ~$1.5k

cash games are pretty difficult these days but sngs are ok until $20's or so
      you have any clue what your talking about? (no offense :) )

You can go professional on any format of poker...

And you don't even have to go up to the $20 sng's to become a professional... Many of the mass multitable-ers on the $5.50 are pro's :) due to the fact they can maintain a decent roi in so easy games on so many tables :D

And the play on $22 sng's and $33 is pretty much the same...
      And you can't really grind $50 sng's unless your on Stars or full tilt.. and the games there should be so tough that your probably better off mass multitable-ing $22.. although I know nothing about it :D

To put it short, SNG's and MTT's are easier than cash games.

FALSE

But to sum it all up.. SNG's and MTT's are the most fun format of poker... Ring Games are way too much grind :D
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i wont bother in the quotes but anyway

i meant playing playing SNG at the start of your "poker career" is better but i was assuming OP meant moving up the limits...which means that its easier for a beginner to win money on micro SNG's than on micro cash games until he gets some understanding of poker

and most pros on $5.5 SnG's have no life and are not cool :P
      much better to move up limits imo
      -------------------------------------------

and what is wrong with cash games "theze dayz" is that they are very tight
      they need some revitalising

but maybe i think that because i only ever played on pokerstars and fulltilt which are supposed to have tough competition

and i totally agree with Styr
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      With a $2.000 BR you can:

Play $10-$20 MTT
      Play $22-$33 SNGs
      Play NL25 BSS (maybe NL50)

In my (little) experience, number of fishes goes this way:
      MTT > SNG > Cash

Or... I just suck at cash games...