This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Lennonac's What World cup bid??

• lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I'm back!

Some of you may remember me, some of you liked me some of you hated me ;) but that's life.

For the people who don't know me here is a little about myself...

My name is James I go by the handle Lennonac pretty much everywhere. Why Lennonac? Well my last name is Lennon and I used to be a air conditioning engineer, and when I started my first business in my early twenties I called it LAC, or LennonAC. It just stuck with me ever since.

This is me..

I have been playing poker for around 4 years, I forget exactly when I started. I was the same as everyone that just starts out in poker....I just clicked the buttons trying to remember what hands beat what!

Last year I was beating the $10-20 9 man turbo sngs on party poker and ipoker network, I decided to make it my living. Nearly a year on of just about getting by, I went to Scotland for my daughters birthday. All was well but then a family matter occurred and I had to stay for around a month.
      Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I had been break even for the previous 2 months and all my savings had gone. I had no choice but to withdraw most of my bankroll to use for living expenses.

Things have been looking really bad ever since. I have been struggling with sticking to one game, chopping and changing almost daily from 9 mans to 180's.
      Finally 3 days ago I found a game I can grind and not get bored or frustrated with the swings. I started 18 man sngs, the returns are decent and the swings are acceptable for my temperament.

I thought creating a blog again would help with the battle to rebuild a bankroll. I love charts ;) and one thing I struggle with is not looking at HEM while I am playing. Recently I have started to manage not to look at HEM until my first set of the day is finished.

I play two sets per day (well I am meant to!) which consist of 60 sngs each, so 120 sngs a day is decent volume.
      I am not 100% sure what kind of roi is attainable from 18 man sngs but I believe it is slightly better than a 9 man roi. I refuse to go broke so I will be using a 150 buyin rule for moving up, if I lose 50 at the next level then I will move back down.

Currently I am at the $3.40 level and I cant wait to move up to the $6.50's just so I am not paying 13% rake! But as I am trying to rebuild without getting a part time job if I can help it, I will be withdrawing every week and estimate it will probably take around 3 weeks to get to that level.

OK so here is my last 3 days of play, the first day I only played 67 games but the other two I managed my required 120 for the day.

Roi: 13.3%
      ITM: 26.4%
      Winnings: $138.80
      $/hr: $9.88
  • 223 replies