This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sit & Crush

• PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Hey there!

I've once had a blog here ages ago, but much has changed since then! I got tired of poker, real life intervened massively and [insert suitable excuse here] also happened.

This time around however, I will be approaching things much more seriously. Last time around I did my fair share of SNG Wiz reviewing and some HEM analyzing as well, but oh well. I started to finally turn a small profit just before I quit playing, so I hope that I will stick with it this time :)

I will only be playing $1 SNGs at PokerStars because that's where I have money currently (and besides, my wife is using my Titan account...). I am not tracked by PS.com on this account because I opened it a long time ago. Now, I have a tracked account at MansionPoker, but I will not play there due to their support refusing to let me change my address to my new one...

Anyway, here are my goals for the rest of July:

July

[ ] Play 160 SNGs (approx. 10 per day)
      [ ] Post in the hand evaluation forums after each daily session
      [ ] Review hands with SNG Wiz before bed
      [ ] Watch all bronze videos
      [ ] Read all bronze articles

Alright guys, that's it for now, I will be updating with all the goodies once I am done with my 10 games for today!

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables!

Cheers,
      Fin
  • 6 replies
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Alright, done with my session for today!

This graph actually reflects a few tourneys I played yesterday and on the 12th, but then I was just getting back into the swing of things.

15/07/2010

Stake: $1.20
      #: 9
      1st: 1
      2nd: 2
      3rd: 2

See you all tomorrow!

EDIT: I don't know why it won't show the imageshack image here... oh well..

Cheers,
      Fin
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Nice to see another sng grinder :D I'll probably read this blog regularly if it gets interesting :D
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Wooo another microstakes SnG grinder!
      I just got off the $1s on Full Tilt. If I were you, i'd play the slower-structured SnGs at the low limits... They're much much much softer because all the players have such bad post-flop play. You'll crush them easily :D

Hit me up on skype if you wanna talk strategy some time, we have a skype group with a big bunch of SnG players at the moment, it's pretty good :D
      skype = ged.forrest

Good luck at the tables :s_biggrin:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      good luck, hope to see you around the hand evaluation forums.
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for all the replies guys! I am still playing the sngs, and it's slowly looking better.

However...

[brag]

today I played a 0.30$ Stage 3 satellite to the APT in Manila, which I amazingly enough won.

A few hours later I played the Stage 2 one, which I also (!) managed to get top 4 in.

Aaand just now, I played in the 20$ + 1$ Stage 1 R/A...

And shipped it!

[/brag]

So, tomorrow it's time for the 200$ + 15$ Super Satellite.

Cheers,
      Fin
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Alright guys, got some good news and bad news :/

I went out in 13th place out of 31 in the super satellite. I did some really horrible stuff there and it still pisses me off!!

However, today I managed to place first in a 500$ GP tourney on Titan for 166$ :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us