My best tournament finish so far - 2nd place

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I came 2nd yesterday in 300USD GTD tourney at Absolute Poker (1,1 USD BI). I think i was playing really well, i went allin only twice (first time before the bubble - i had deuces vs A7 and then at the final table with A2s vs queens).
      The HU was terrible for me, i was pretty tired and shoved with K8 on flop of AK3 and that was over for me. But i took down 35 dollars, my biggest cash in my "carreer". :) I'm happy.
  • 6 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Congrats :)
    • Murdoch25
      Murdoch25
      Bronze
      well done, keep up the good work
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      everyone is starting with small. After the biggest winnings need to aim higher ones. GL
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he Alficor1,

thanks for sharing your experience with us.
      I think it is a great thing to have such a success at the beginning of your poker career.
      I still remember when I played my first tourney - 1.10$ as well - German Only Tournament with just 130 players.
      Fortunately i managed to finish 2nd without having a real clue.
      With using our content, visiting coachings, taking part in hand discussions you will surely speed to success faster than a rocket could accelerate!
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Thank you for nice words, guys :) I need to improve my patience though, so i dont shove with hands like A2 or K8. :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Id like to add there my today's huge NL2 6-MAX session:
      450 hands, profit 6,5 USD (i played only one table, so i played for like three hours). Pretty good i think.

I saw some monster POWs (Pay off wizards) on AP.. guy calling with King-high, bottom pair, ....

And i think i improved my game a lot, i'm not so uber-aggressive anymore. I used to play almost like Dario Minieri - i almost never checked, i was betting all the time. I also dont c-bet every flop, which i used to do. Really, i'm very satisfied with my game.

I really wanna thank all the people out there, just reading your advices at other topics really helped me.