This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My best tournament finish so far - 2nd place

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I came 2nd yesterday in 300USD GTD tourney at Absolute Poker (1,1 USD BI). I think i was playing really well, i went allin only twice (first time before the bubble - i had deuces vs A7 and then at the final table with A2s vs queens).
      The HU was terrible for me, i was pretty tired and shoved with K8 on flop of AK3 and that was over for me. But i took down 35 dollars, my biggest cash in my "carreer". :) I'm happy.
  • 6 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Congrats :)
    • Murdoch25
      Murdoch25
      Bronze
      well done, keep up the good work
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      everyone is starting with small. After the biggest winnings need to aim higher ones. GL
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he Alficor1,

thanks for sharing your experience with us.
      I think it is a great thing to have such a success at the beginning of your poker career.
      I still remember when I played my first tourney - 1.10$ as well - German Only Tournament with just 130 players.
      Fortunately i managed to finish 2nd without having a real clue.
      With using our content, visiting coachings, taking part in hand discussions you will surely speed to success faster than a rocket could accelerate!
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Thank you for nice words, guys :) I need to improve my patience though, so i dont shove with hands like A2 or K8. :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Id like to add there my today's huge NL2 6-MAX session:
      450 hands, profit 6,5 USD (i played only one table, so i played for like three hours). Pretty good i think.

I saw some monster POWs (Pay off wizards) on AP.. guy calling with King-high, bottom pair, ....

And i think i improved my game a lot, i'm not so uber-aggressive anymore. I used to play almost like Dario Minieri - i almost never checked, i was betting all the time. I also dont c-bet every flop, which i used to do. Really, i'm very satisfied with my game.

I really wanna thank all the people out there, just reading your advices at other topics really helped me.