[NL20-NL50] NL20 FR Tilt makes me too passive?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $8.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $21.10
      UTG+2: $10.43
      MP1: $5.75
      MP2: $3.54
      CO: $20.97
      BTN: $13.56
      SB: $10.37
      BB: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is UTG+1 with T :heart: T :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.70) 4 :club: 3 :diamond: 6 :club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.90) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5.90) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.95, Hero folds

I assume on the multiway flop I am facing either a set that call and raises my turnbet, a pair that will not call turn or a draw that will likely fold turn also so I check back turn for pot control and fold river when the draw completes and he bets.

If draw doesn't complete and he checks I have an easy valuebet and if he bets I think I have a call because I should win a high enough % of the time against smaller pairs that are now vbetting that it is +ev.

Is my line too passive? Should bet turn to protect against draws and get value from smaller pairs no matter the opponent right?
  • 4 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

Hmm... Interesting hand!
      First of I would bet more on flop lik 2$ for protection. Now should we bet turn then?
      If he has us beat he has as beat by a mile and there is no need for him to reraise us or somthing.
      So if we bet turn and he calls, than river comes blank we bet again he reraises us, we have to fold.
      But if we check turn and he checks back, river comes blank do we thin value bet? Am very interested to see what the judge will say.

As played I think river fold is the only option.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      bet turn, he would call with flushdraws and worse pp-s, also smt like 65
      Since pot is small and seems like you have overcards I would c/c river. he can easily valuebet worse hand
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hey!

But wouldn`t he be betting turn already if he is fireing river with pp?
      I mean a passive player would play turn like that, why then go and thin value bet river which brings a fairly ugly card?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Hey!

But wouldn`t he be betting turn already if he is fireing river with pp?
      I mean a passive player would play turn like that, why then go and thin value bet river which brings a fairly ugly card?
      well he should also bet turn with his 5x and flushdraws if we check to him
      unless I know certainly how villains are playing their hands I tend to go to showdown. if you have reads he would check back flushdraws on the turn and then bet them on the river, then you can make fold, but here I think our hand is too good to fold getting these odds