Time to quit

    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,926
      Day after day the same thing happens. I lose money. Most of the time I get in with the best and come out the worst. Its time to accept that I'm not lucky enough to be a winning poker player and that I have a family to support. Thank you PokerStrategy for everything but this game makes me sick and I no longer get a joy for it.

      Goodluck to you all.

      HollyMichelle
  • 10 replies
    • Sezmic
      Sezmic
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.06.2010 Posts: 4
      I sense a prolonged downswing.. Cheer Up Just find a better fishing spot
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.06.2009 Posts: 706
      Have you played on different site or just full tilt ?

      A lot of time i thought like you until i change site where i started to make profits.

      Just try on another site like pokerstars.

      When i decided to move there I deposit 15$ and when up to 100$ on NL2 within 1 month.

      I'm unlucky on Full tilt receiving only bad beats or where my made hands are not strong enough to beat the made hands of my opponent.

      In full tilt i have lost nearly 2000$ without deposit anything just receiving bonuses and losing them.Everyday i'm loosing sets against another set or against my AA they all in and they hit a straight on the river :f_eek:

      Luck or not if you play well in the end you will be a winner at the end of the day.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,926
      No, I've played on Stars and Party even Cake and Titan. I'm just not good or lucky enough for this game. Its just taking its toll on me and I just dont have the same buzz for the game as I had before. Can't afford to be messing it up either.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.03.2009 Posts: 821
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      Have you played on different site or just full tilt ?

      A lot of time i thought like you until i change site where i started to make profits.

      Just try on another site like pokerstars.

      When i decided to move there I deposit 15$ and when up to 100$ on NL2 within 1 month.

      I'm unlucky on Full tilt receiving only bad beats or where my made hands are not strong enough to beat the made hands of my opponent.

      In full tilt i have lost nearly 2000$ without deposit anything just receiving bonuses and losing them.Everyday i'm loosing sets against another set or against my AA they all in and they hit a straight on the river :f_eek:

      Luck or not if you play well in the end you will be a winner at the end of the day.
      Interesting that you say that. I've also started looking for other sites. Seems like my luck is shit on Full Tilt. One can't possibly have bad beats more then an entire month long, right? :f_confused:
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.07.2008 Posts: 1,354
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      One can't possibly have bad beats more then an entire month long, right? :f_confused:
      One CAN easily have 50000 hands where he is BE or losing and with +$ expected won.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2008 Posts: 1,941
      If you feel like that than correct decision that all have to respect it nad you the most.

      I wish you all good luck in your personal life
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.01.2009 Posts: 813
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      No, I've played on Stars and Party even Cake and Titan. I'm just not good or lucky enough for this game. Its just taking its toll on me and I just dont have the same buzz for the game as I had before. Can't afford to be messing it up either.
      And how many hands have you played to judge this? You know that this game is about long term.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,926
      Just under 150k hands on all platforms. Didnt think the day I'd make Gold here would be the day I finished my poker dream.

      Goodluck to all. Gonna play freerolls when the appetite comes back.

      This game is a fickle bitch.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.07.2009 Posts: 2,387
      If I have a really big downswing or my mood is just horrible generally I just study poker instead of playing it. Doing extremely detailed session reviews can help you find leaks you didn't know you had, and makes you feel a lot better when you see you made an awesome +EV decision even if you lost as a result.
      Variance is a bitch but it is standard amongst all poker players. Everybody is bound to run bad at some point in their life, even Phil Ivey.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.06.2009 Posts: 706
      If you try other site and you still losing then try this :

      Play passively with pair only and let the pot be small.

      In the past i tend to lose much more because i was very aggressive with pairs which is a weak hand.

      Try to review your play and see what your are doing bad?

      Like being too passive or too aggressive not stealing enough or getting too much steal.

      Online poker sometimes seems rigged like they are always trying to give good hands to you and better hands to you opponents to increase the rent but if you learn to play and keep the pot reasonable for the strength of your hand you will lose less and started to win more.

      But just my thought don't really know how you play :s_biggrin:

      I'm a bad player and will consider myself a bad player as long as i'm making the same mistake everytime.

      Originally posted by alenstrat
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      Have you played on different site or just full tilt ?

      A lot of time i thought like you until i change site where i started to make profits.

      Just try on another site like pokerstars.

      When i decided to move there I deposit 15$ and when up to 100$ on NL2 within 1 month.

      I'm unlucky on Full tilt receiving only bad beats or where my made hands are not strong enough to beat the made hands of my opponent.

      In full tilt i have lost nearly 2000$ without deposit anything just receiving bonuses and losing them.Everyday i'm loosing sets against another set or against my AA they all in and they hit a straight on the river :f_eek:

      Luck or not if you play well in the end you will be a winner at the end of the day.
      Interesting that you say that. I've also started looking for other sites. Seems like my luck is shit on Full Tilt. One can't possibly have bad beats more then an entire month long, right? :f_confused:
      For me Full tilt is rigged. Top pairs and two pairs is not in the chart of hands xD the ranking there start with trips or higher . I played there for 1 year and nearly never got a winning session but i'm profitable with the end of year bonus and mid year bonus so playing there just for these bonus while playing at poker star for profit :s_biggrin: