Stevegold's blog : MTT's and NL FR micro.

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Ahh Summer 2010, New opportunities arises! :D

Still trying to pursues my dreams.....

Hello people,

You might remember me from before, I did a blog before with SNG's that ended more or less well. I basically withdraw some money after a big win (midnight madness) and lost the rest of it.

I didn't really know any success doing SNG's. I was able to move up limit only once which is pretty bad. (In the whole last summer if I remember correctly.)

You can read my whole story of the past months here :

Breaking rule #1 + gambling monster coming out

Introduction :

23 years old student from Montreal, QC. French speaker (So expect some mistakes in the english ) and looking forward to be able to make some money with one of my favorite hobby : POKER! :s_love: :s_love:

See my SNG blog in my sig to see the rest of the intro and some informations about my past archievement ( or the link ABOVE)

Time for some goallssssss

My past goal have been monatery goals and many people told me it wasnt a good idea. It puts you stress and make you feel bad when you get huge downswing or lose a lot of money, so this time goals will be different!

Long term goals :

Orange = Accomplished

1. Rub my black cat when I get a bad beat in my cash games
      2. Look at my graphs and posts them weekly to either laugh at them or be proud of them (even tho they mean nothing at start).
      3. Post hands in the hands evaluations forums
      4. Find a trainer partner or somebody to discuss poker over skype or anything else at less one time a week (1h)...if anyone is interested! PM
      5. Play at least 1 hour per day which is a good 7 hours a week minimum. 20 hours maximum. (I got too much stuff to do) DURING SUMMER**
      6. Get at least one person to read and answer this thread
      7. Become gold or even platinum by the start of 2011 (that would be impossible..lol)

Extremly long time goal : (1 years - 4 years )

:club: Buy a laptop with the money from my winnings

:club: Meet Daniel Negreanu

:club: Main event 2014 with at least 1/2 of the money from poker winning

:club: Keep this blog going for at least 1 year. <-- Very important for me, Having a blog keeps me very motivated to play and to progress, that's what I realised! :)

July goal :

Orange = Accomplished

• Get back into poker shape and mode of thinking
      • Finish all the bronze articles for NL BSS
      • So I will e starting at the super micro low limit NL of 1 cent 2 cents. I hope to beat the limit in 1 month. (16th august) (As of august 8th my bankroll is 100$ and I take a shot at NL5.)

August goal :

Orange = Accomplished

• Beat NL2 before august 16th.
      • Beat NL5 before september 16th.
      • Play around 10k per week.
      • Finish with a better BB/100 than July
      • Finish with a better profit than July
      • Read Ace on the river and Poker mindset

Starting bankroll : 50$ 

Full tilt points : 1580

Should I buy a stress ball? lol.

I will update this blogs daily no matter what, even if I don't play, just to show commitment and speak with whoever wants to answers. I will post my bad beats to rent, posts some hands for you to laugh and posts some thoughts about pokers. The thoughts of today can be found on the link I gave ABOVE.

Thank you all for reading and have a great day or night depending on where the hell you are in the world.

Edit : forgot to mention what style I will use : BSS and might switch to SSS later when the blinds get bigger :]

P.S : Starcraft 2 Will come out july 27thso expect me to be playing the minimum of hours per week on that time :) anyone else excited about that? I am in the beta :)
      Edit 2 :

JULY SUMMARY : (16 days)

Profit / Loss : +21.96$
      Hands : 15k
      Hours : 17h
      BB/100 : 3.55

Limit started/ Limit ended NL2 / NL2

NL2 Beaten :

Total profit : +41.25$
      BB/100 : 3.84
      Hands : 25k

• 96 replies
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

Did 2 hours of early poker this morning.

So one thing I realize, the players on full tilt are much tougher than what they used to be. That's right, they fold to 3 bets and play a much much conservative poker which will make it very hard to switch limit. I went all-in only once in 2 hours...and lost it (see bellow ...lol)

I play at two different computer and it's pretty funny because my aces hands here have a 50% winning rate. And I already lost lots of $ with them. I do not commit to aces no matter what, but I will show you guys a few hands ;) .

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.02)
      SB ($4.19)
      Hero (BB) ($2)
      UTG ($3.36)
      UTG+1 ($2.15)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($3.16)
      CO ($1.92)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, CO bets $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 1 fold, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.39) 2, 7, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, CO raises to $1.74 (All-In), Hero calls $0.94

Turn: ($3.87) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.87) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $3.87 | Rake: $0.25

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Result : Seat 9:xxxx showed [Jc Jh] and won ($3.62) with three of a kind, Jackl

MP1 ($2.54)
      MP2 ($1.76)
      CO ($5.99)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($2)
      Hero (BB) ($2.06)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($2.42)

3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero bets $0.08, MP2 calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 4, 5, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.17, MP2 raises to $0.34, Hero raises to $1.98 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.34 (All-In)

Turn: ($3.53) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($3.53) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $3.53 | Rake: $0.23

Seat 2: xxxxx showed [9h Ks] and won ($3.30) with two pair, Kings and Nines

Feel free to criticize my play :) .

For some reason this month is just bad luck for me, in real life mostly. All the little stuff that make you feel like your day is shit keeps happening to me over and over again. But oh well, compared to some people I guess my life is wonderful so I shouldnt complain really.

Anyways, I will try to find the leaks in my game.....but I feel like it will take me more than a month to move up limits!

How long did it takes you guys to beat the 1/2 c limit?

BR is at 48
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

What a nice weekend it was, I went to Ottawa capital of Canada for the first time in my life and I really enjoyd it :) . My hotel room had a nice view of the whole city and that is the kind of thing in life that makes me happy.

This is now like my journal since I didn't interact with anyone yet :P . lol.

Today : Played about 3 hours of poker.

The session overall was ok .

I am having some problems with low pocket pair. I need to reread articles that speaks about that. I am always tempted to call MP with 88s 99s 77s.....

Also the fish at NL2 are very entertaining. What I like the most is that betting pattern when they hit something ver ygood :

Pot : 30 cents

They bet 2 cents on the flop and turn and then on the river they bet like 2x pot size.

It always makes me laugh. I call the 2 first time no matter what I have because it would be pretty dumb to fold for 2 cents...so I guess they are able to make some money with me lol.

I will post this hand in the evaluation forum obviously the hand I lost the most money with, I am not sure about my play on the turn (the all-in reraise) Maybe I should learn to fold aces more often(I wanted to make any flush draw fold):

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2.09)
      MP3 ($2)
      CO ($1.95)
      Hero (Button) ($1.17)
      SB ($0.65)
      BB ($1.59)
      UTG ($2.23)
      UTG+1 ($2.41)
      MP1 ($6.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.10, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.23) 10, Q, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.69) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.84 (All-In), BB calls $0.78

River: ($2.37) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.37 | Rake: $0.15

Right now I am in a situation that I didn't read any articles and I played about 5 hours this week. Which mean that if I am playing stupid I don'T realise it.

I hope I am able to find some NL 2 videos on this website.

BR is at 50, I also registered for the daily dollar rush for 1$ ...so I guess that technically in 5 hours I made 1 $ profiT? :( :(

I will try to not give up, Will definally play more tonight and will post maybe a first graph tomorrow morning.

Take care everyone, and I see some views on my blog so I know somebody read this so hope u enjoy a little :f_eek: :f_eek:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hey, i'm also playing at the super micros of NL2 :p:( So if you fancy a few discussions about it i'd be up for it :)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Sure that could be interesting,
      PM me your AIM/MSN/Yahoo or whatever ^^...

I am reading some articles at the moment and I realised I have been making some basic mistakes with low pocket pair by calling too many times early positions...oops...same thing with AQ which I thought was a bit stronger. It's coming back to me slowy.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Another small update as promised even tho I am super tired of my day. The problem with trying to play 1 hour per day is that sometimes it's almost impossible when you try to do sports study and work at the same time! I shall not give up!

The results are still very small . I read a bit more articles yesterday and I figured some other stuff that I was doing wrong. So according to PT I played a total of 7.55H and made a profit of 7,62$.(Holy shit I'm quitting work, 1$ per hour!) But then again I said I shouldn't be money oriented and focus on doing my best game. Even if I want to do that I realise very fast that it will be super hard to do. At least right now I didn't hit a downswing or anything I feel like 5.33/100 BB is very small at the NL2...in 3.5 k hands. I might try to find other blogs that have stats about people moving up limits!

When I played on everest I had like a 28/100 BB winning rate for 2 weeks ...lol. It is like fishes village! Talking about everest they offered a 50$ bonus for the summer which makes me want to switch for them, I find FT much harder and no bonuses so in the end, I just end up being a big loser, lol.

So annoying, I want more time to play! :baby: :baby: I been thinking about poker at work all day today, and since I work on a computer it's very hard to just not start playing and stuff.

Here's the famous graph of all my sessions so far.

Hey, at least it's not a losing graph...but a very weird curve...Funny fact my KK has a winning rate higher than my aces ....

Here's some hands from tonight :

Bad beat of the day :

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($1.93)
      Hero (MP3) ($2.26)
      CO ($1.99)
      Button ($1.83)
      SB ($2.88)
      BB ($2.16)
      UTG ($2.28)
      UTG+1 ($1.72)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero bets $0.08, CO raises to $0.14, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.22, CO calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.69) J, 5, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.69, CO raises to $1.77 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $1.08

Turn: ($4.23) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.23) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.23 | Rake: $0.28

Results:
      Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
      CO had A, 8 (flush, Ace high).
      Outcome: CO won $3.95

Well, technically it wasn't a bad beat. Just a regular NL 2 player who thinks that he will hit his flush....Yea...Standard I guess. I had worse but that was my biggest lost of the night :) .

A very sweet hand :

UTG ($2.13)
      UTG+1 ($1.43)
      MP1 ($1.95)
      MP2 ($1.69)
      MP3 ($1.28)
      Hero (CO) ($1.93)
      Button ($1.22)
      SB ($1.42)
      BB ($2.72)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9
      UTG bets $0.06, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19) 9, A, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.43) 4 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38

River: ($1.19) 6 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.66, Hero raises to $1.37 (All-In), UTG calls $0.71

Total pot: $3.93 | Rake: $0.26

Results:
      UTG had A, K (two pair, Aces and nines).
      Hero had 9, 9 (four of a kind, nines).
      Outcome: $3.93 returned to Hero

Couldn't ask for more I guess, Villain hits his top pair top kicker, pretty happy about that hand, best win so far I suppose. :) .

So tomorrow evening I might get some time for another 2 hours sessions if I am not too late with what I have to do at work...Let's see :) .

And since wriggers replied to this thread I suppose one of my goal is archieved (did he actually read my posts? I will just assume :P )

Oh I was thinking of aiming for Main event 2014 :D :] :] , I know you might think I am a fish but I believe in my power to progress and 4 years is still pretty far. I won a few tourny IRL with good buys-in (but then again I broke the BR rule which I don't want to do in 2014. )

A boy can dream... :f_cool: :f_cool: ....but sometimes dreams gets in the way of what you should really do? (Aka my main work which I have a really hard time to do ATM and could fuck up my life if I don't do right)

Writing so much..I guess I had a lot to say this time.

Thank you for reading.....If somebody is :tongue:

BR is at 53,49$ . I spent 1$ for a daily dollar a 55 cents for a SNG turbo BLT. (Which I shouldn't have. BAD STEVEGOLD, BAD)

I hope I still get rakeback from FT !

P.S / Edit : My PT stats are :
      VP : 12
      PFR : 8
      WTSD : 29
      W$SD : 55
      Aggression factor : 48

Are those numbers speaking to you?
    • killingu
      killingu
      Bronze
      hey I been reading blog I am canadian as well of course gonna support you.
      I just recently join PS as well got the starting BR 50 on everest poker right now i am playing nl10 2 tabling which i feel you would learn much fast the you would muti-tabling on 2nl. I have been looking at the hand you have post out
      one thing I notice on you 4 bet size could be better. seems like you always min raise back the 3 bet when you have AA or KK or AK is this case you letting the fish to get off cheap to see a flop long run you will lost ev. most low limited fish seems to have trent to 3 bet light in position first good player can pick up your 4bet size add fold which you dont want that secondly your dont wanna letting the fish get off cheap see the flop just hope to flop big which most time when they are in position they will almost alway gonna call you like 90% the time even you raise 2.5x to the 3 bet. i am a newbie as well reading alot books recently not sure if i was right or wrong.
      welcome feed back!!!!!!!lot more to learn
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi killingu, thanks for reading.

Well, the problem is I usually think If I raise too strong the player will fold and I don't think you want the players to fold when you got aces or kings so a small three bet to get as much money as possible seems reasonable.

The technically remember that with 50$ you technically do not have the Bank roll for nl10!

Max buy-in BSS is 10$ so 10 x 25 = 250$ . If you lose your buying 5x you are out.
      I could be wrong!

Good luck on the tables
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You are quite correct in that Stevegold :) I'd recommend sticking to BRM killingu, even if you want to use aggressive BRM 5 BI is too little, at least drop it down to NL4 :)

And sorry, I completely forgot about sending you that PM stevegold, i'll send you my MSN now :)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Good stuff, I will add you on my msn .

So today I played poker instead of working on my project for work which is very bad, now I have to run away for 2 days somewhere I can focus and work on my presentation hehe. So I probably won't play until thursday.

Today I had a great poker day. Everything went well maybe exept at the end where my kings ran into aces and made me lose a BI

But still I made big profit today! :) (for NL2)
      Basically made 10$ in one session, which is a good 5BI boost for my BR.

It seems like today I spotted a few fishes that made me adapt to them and get some money from them. They were playing way too many hands and raising with anything they had.

If I look at my PT hands stats I play AJ maybe a little bit too much and it is one of the hands I lose the most with.

BR is at 62$

A small heater is fun :) , makes me motivated.

Also still thinking about switching to everest for bonus but then they don't have rakeback like full tilt...hmm...

So no update for at least 2 days, good luck on the tables guys.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hello forum!

First let me start by saying that I added some stuff to the main page after thinking :

July goal :

Orange = Accomplished

• Get back into poker shape and mode of thinking
      • Get a 16 hours session on next weekend
      • Finish all the bronze articles for NL BSS
      • So I will e starting at the super micro low limit NL of 1 cent 2 cents. I hope to beat the limit in 1 month. (16th august)

and

Extremly long time goal : (1 years - 4 years )

:club: Buy a laptop with the money from my winnings

:club: Meet Daniel Negreanu

:club: Main event 2014 with at least 1/2 of the money from poker winning

:club: Keep this blog going for at least 1 year. <-- Very important for me, Having a blog keeps me very motivated to play and to progress, that's what I realised! :)

were added to the main post of this blog.

Let me tell you I have been thinking still too much about poker but at least I was able to get my work done fast :) . which mean tonight I had about 1h30 and a half free.

First I read two articles from BSS (that I already read long time ago) and the remaining hour I just played.

O-M-G. A refresh feels very good! I was playing many many hands wrong and I feel ashamed about the last hand I posted on the evaluation forum hehe. I think I played way too many sit and goes and I got some bad habits from them that I bring with me when I switched game style. But now my game is getting back I feel. Also with the help of lady luck I am getting back on the good track.

So I have been thinking about poker and how much I want to take it seriously, considering my past success I think I can make it to NL25 in the next 6 months (That would be another goal to add but I don't have that much more time anymore!)

Anyways here's a new graph that looks a bit better than the last one :)

I am satisfied with around 10 bb / 100 hands and I really wish it will stay that way!

Another thing is that I realized that this weekend I don't have that much to do so I plan on getting super early on saturday = around 9 AM ( that's like very hard on the week-end for me) and play until 9 PM unless social stuff comes up (which might since it is a saturday night.)

I will probably post another update on friday night before my crazy weekend since I might play tomorrow and friday.

:s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

What does Stevegold listens while he plays poker?

www.di.fm

I listen to the eurodance channel while I play because it makes me happy, but sometimes I like to switch vocal trance or trance. It's 100% free streaming! Very nice site.
      BR : 66$

Feel free to communicate with me anytime and thanks for reading!

I can't wait to the weekend! :) Half way thru!
    • killingu
      killingu
      Bronze
      hey is killingu here good to see your BR getting bigger and bigger, regarding the advice you given on the last post I think i will drop to 5nl instead. my BR is at 70 which is not bad at one point i build it up little more than $100 but not i am back down 70 so i will need to play lower now. i am from calgary by the way, the cpt championship is gonna kick off here in aug which may i play one or 2 event is getting excited. Are you coming down to play? is funny how i feel like reading ur blog is more helpful for me sometime than reading the article.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey,
      great to see you are going down limits with your bankroll! Don't give up and you will be able to move back...I don't think I will go to CPT calgary is way to far from me since I am from Quebec!! Idon't really have the money for that yet :)

Today I had one hour session before work and lost a little bit :

Look at this sick hand ...Did I play right?

Oh and according to PT this is my first losing session in July....Not that bad!

UTG ($3.55)
      UTG+1 ($0.67)
      MP1 ($1.45)
      MP2 ($2.68)
      MP3 ($4.82)
      CO ($1.89)
      Button ($2.10)
      SB ($3.36)
      Hero (BB) ($2.12)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      4 folds, MP3 bets $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.24, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.86) 5, 9, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.76, CO raises to $1.29 (All-In), SB raises to $2.76 (All-In), Hero calls $0.76 (All-In)

Turn: ($6.19) 10 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($6.19) K (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $6.19 | Rake: $0.41

Results:
      SB had A, A (three of a kind, Aces).
      Hero had K, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
      CO had Q, K (one pair, Kings).
      Outcome: SB won $5.78

CO is retarded :f_confused:

That was a small update, will play maybe 2-3 hours tonight and will post another graphs,

:s_evil: GL ON THE TABLES :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      HELPPPPP MEEEEE

What
      A
      Terrible
      Poker
      Day.

Also the sad thing is that it was the first day I was grinding for around 5 hours..I Really think I am doing something wrong and I am about to pay for a coach to help me figure things out...

Also
      WHEN THE HELL DID THE PEOPLE AT NL2 FR GET SO GOOD??? CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THAT?

:baby: They fold to my cbet when I hit
      :baby: They call my cbet when I don't hit!!!!
      :baby: They protect their blinds!!!
      :baby: They try to steal my blind!!!
      :baby: They do reraises
      :baby: They fold to 3Bet and only 3 bet when they have KK/AA!!

This is NL2 for christ sake it should be super easy!!! :baby: I want to go back to everest!!

Sorry for the whining but this is also why this blog is here.

I will try to look for my leaks, there must be some.

First one is probably that I am playing too many tables at same time (9 tabling). And with the hud and my screen sometimes I can't really focus on the good decision.

My bankroll went down by at least 10$ ...and that's a lot of money when you are playing 1 cents 2 cents!!!!

I wrote down some of the beats I had...so sick...

Preflop shoves :

Me | Villain
      KK vs AA Lost
      AA vs KK He hits a set and wins
      AK VS 77 Lost
      Ak VS 10 Lost
      AK VS AA lost
      AA VS k10 He hits a straight on the river

Postflop :

AK VS 65 all in 2 6 on flop

Anyways you get the drift, This is so sick :\.....But this is poker.

Also I got outplayed on some hands!! That was so sad....
      I think I might overplay some hands, so I will post on the evaluation forums to see what they think!!!

Tomorrow I will :

:diamond: Read more articles
      :diamond: Play only 6 tables instead of 9
      :diamond: Try another 5 hours session
      :diamond: Not desesperate.

On a good note, I registered for the daily dollar and currently 484 people left so I make it to the money...at least...:\...

Here's the graph from my long session :( ....That sucks at NL2 :\

Last part of the downswing could be some tilt starting and me playing like a moron lol

If you guys have any ideas how I could improve more exept for articles and stuff let me know.

PM me for my msn to discuss some hands sometimes

BR = 56$ :baby: :baby:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Went out at 85/9000 ...

For a big whopping 11$...
      weeee...!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze

So it seems like my EV line decided to run away :[

3rd hand I played today :

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.08)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.09)
      MP1 ($2.10)
      MP2 ($3.60)
      Hero (CO) ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.22, Hero raises to $2 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls $1.76 (All-In)

Flop: ($4.24) 10, 10, 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($4.24) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($4.24) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4.24 | Rake: $0.28

Results:
      BB had 9, 9 (full house, nines over tens).
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and tens).
      Outcome: BB won $3.96

And again

Full Tilt Poker Game #22556225669: Table Route - $0.01/$0.02 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:57:18 ET - 2010/07/24
      Seat 1: bersercer ($1.40)
      Seat 2: leeners69 ($0.92)
      Seat 3: Raptor303 ($2.64)
      Seat 4: LYNX XXI ($0.95)
      Seat 5: DearSlob ($2.48)
      Seat 6: djsolace ($2.02)
      Seat 7: Tyler DB ($0.70)
      Seat 8: stevegold87 ($2)
      Seat 9: iLike2Poker9 ($4.75)
      Tyler DB posts the small blind of $0.01
      stevegold87 posts the big blind of $0.02
      The button is in seat #6
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to stevegold87 [Ac As]
      iLike2Poker9 folds
      bersercer folds
      leeners69 folds
      Raptor303 folds
      LYNX XXI folds
      DearSlob folds
      djsolace raises to $0.06
      Tyler DB folds
      Tyler DB adds $0.01
      stevegold87 raises to $0.10
      djsolace raises to $0.28
      stevegold87 raises to $0.46
      djsolace calls $0.18
      *** FLOP *** [Kd Qd 9d]
      stevegold87 bets $1.54, and is all in
      djsolace calls $1.54
      stevegold87 shows [Ac As]
      djsolace shows [Ad 6h]
      *** TURN *** [Kd Qd 9d] [4c]
      *** RIVER *** [Kd Qd 9d 4c] [5d]
      stevegold87 shows a pair of Aces
      djsolace shows a flush, Ace high
      djsolace wins the pot ($3.75) with a flush, Ace high
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $4.01 | Rake $0.26
      Board: [Kd Qd 9d 4c 5d]
      Seat 1: bersercer didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 2: leeners69 didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 3: Raptor303 didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 4: LYNX XXI didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 5: DearSlob didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 6: djsolace (button) showed [Ad 6h] and won ($3.75) with a flush, Ace high
      Seat 7: Tyler DB (small blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 8: stevegold87 (big blind) showed [Ac As] and lost with a pair of Aces
      Seat 9: iLike2Poker9 didn't bet (folded)

My bankroll is not happy about what's happening :) .

MP3 ($2.06)
      CO ($1.49)
      Button ($2.32)
      SB ($0.70)
      BB ($2.96)
      UTG ($2.39)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($2)
      MP1 ($5.54)
      MP2 ($1.98)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K, K
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.08, 1 fold, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.27) 10, K, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.87) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.87, MP2 calls $0.87

River: ($2.61) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

Total pot: $2.61 | Rake: $0.17

Results:
      Hero had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
      MP2 had Q, 10 (straight, King high).
      Outcome: MP2 won $2.44

lolol
      NL2 FTW.

Morning session over.

And I think if my bankrolls goes under 40$ I will switch website, just not working out for me right now

Will take a break, eat, maybe do some sports and play more later.
      I kind of feel good looking at my graph, because I know I will catch that EV line one day or another and also it prooves me that I am full of bad beat
    • killingu
      killingu
      Bronze
      hey stevegold i kinda feel ur pain there, what site are u playing on ? you should switch to everest poker thats where i play. any way back to your down swing i feel like there is a leak with ur bet size standard size bet arent alway good idea due to at super mega fish alway try to outdraw you i feel like u should play little more aggr i find that delay c- bet get more respect then c-bet on flop. you should find some spot for double barrel semi-bluff just to mix your game little bit cuz now day all fish they dun like to fold on the flop if c-bet on the flop got call doesnt mean u should get up on the pot in position u should find a scary card on the turn to fire again cuz a check call on the flop could mean so much a gut shot stright draw and bottom pair may be even medium pair. also you should stop min-raise too many sport when your have strong hand it really -ev there example on the KK hand where the board comes k109 rainbow he choose to bet right into u most the time thy have decent holding here since both u play 100 bb i would raise 3x or 2.5 here he never planning once he choose bet right into you. and the thing with min-raise you cant never get the whole stack in there with you top set which thats when you want to get the whole stack there right. this time the j did came on turn which it work out for him let say the turn comes blink you bet again strong he can easily fold his hand since he only commit 30% of his stack but if you did raise little bigger on flop now he feel his pot committed cant fold any more. oh i guess all i try to say here is you have strong hand is important to set up ur customer for his whole stack instead just raise a amount where u feel like it. i learn it from a book not sure if this would help but hope you made a big come back this weekend.

also think on the k109 flop

there is J or Q may even a A could kill your action on the turn which is roughly 12 card.
      when he bet into on the flop meaning he can stand raise from you so his range here is prety small kJ, KQ, 10J, Q10
      so that mean there 32 card in the deck that could come on turn is meanless
      all you have to here just bet a decent amount to give him to sop to shove and there you go u got the fish.

note.i am a newbie as well not sure if i was right or not but hope this help
      any feed back would be great.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Thanks killingu,

I realise from the hand evalutions and what you just said right now that my 3 bet size and bet size are too low!

I will work on that tonight! Really needed the cheer up thanks!

Also,

I watched this video http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/10381

Crushing NL50 very interesting and I feel much more confident about my plan now.

I will 6 table for 4 hours tonight if possible and will post results!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

OMG

What a crazy funny weird poker night!!!

First I decided to 6 table and be a lot more agressive and I was winning but then I realized that I had this mega fish at one of my table!

Ladies and gentlemen, He lost 35$ and I won like 16$ of that.
      :\

I realized pretty fast that he was going all-in with everything. Top pair was more than enough to beat him lol....

here's some example

UTG+1 ($10.01)
      MP1 ($3.83)
      MP2 ($2.31) (FISH) :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      CO ($3.52)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($3.12)
      Hero (BB) ($3.14)
      UTG ($2.39)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 5
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP2 bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.64) 3, J, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.64, MP2 raises to $1.28, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.92 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.83 (All-In)

Turn: ($4.86) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($4.86) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4.86 | Rake: $0.32

Results:
      SB had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and nines).
      MP2 had 8, 7 (one pair, nines).
      Outcome: SB won $4.54

More from stupid
      Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($1.65)
      Button ($15.78)
      SB ($5.84)
      BB ($6.54)
      UTG ($3.54)
      UTG+1 ($9.28)
      Hero (MP1) ($10.09)
      MP2 ($1.97)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, K
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, Button calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.22, Button calls $0.22, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.74) 3, 9, 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, 1 fold

Turn: ($1.30) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.88, Hero calls $0.88

River: ($3.06) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.14 (All-In), Hero calls $5.14

Total pot: $13.34 | Rake: $0.88

Results:
      BB had 7, Q (one pair, sixes).
      Hero had 9, K (two pair, nines and sixes).
      Outcome: Hero won $12.46

More from stupid

Button ($1.93)
      SB ($12.19)
      BB ($5.75)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($3.04)
      MP1 ($3.77)
      MP2 ($4.83)
      Hero (MP3) ($7.90)
      CO ($2)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2, 9
      UTG bets $0.36, UTG+1 raises to $3.04 (All-In), 7 folds, UTG calls $1.64 (All-In)

Flop: ($4.05) 5, 2, Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($4.05) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($4.05) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4.05 | Rake: $0.27

Results:
      UTG had 7, 9 (high card, King).
      UTG+1 had K, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
      Outcome: UTG+1 won $3.79

Guess who stupid was? lol...

His stats at the end were 100/80 ...or something like that...ridiculous but I thank him.

Then I ran into a very bad hand with this guy ...Should of left the table when the fish left because playing deep stack is dangerous

UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($15.77)
      MP2 ($8.24)
      CO ($5.41)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($9.23)
      Hero (BB) ($15.92)
      UTG ($2.79)

2 folds, MP1 bets $0.06, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, MP1 calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37) 2, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.17) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.17, MP1 calls $1.17

River: ($3.51) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.51, MP1 raises to $14.02 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $10.53 | Rake: $0.70

Still my bankroll got a nice boost and my graph looks funnier than ever...lol..

I hope this happends to me again :D

Edit : Oh and he still gave me 3-4 bad beats ....:\
      BR : 73
    • killingu
      killingu
      Bronze
      gd job gold ns wining there i havent been doin well lately so no good new yet.