Sat against sat

• ofir1110
      ofir1110
      Bronze

hi,

I lost 4 times in 5 days with sat aginst sat

I had a pair of 4 and the flop was 4 5 J

I lost to sat of J

it's one example, the a other were sat of 3 aginst sat of J a sat of 7 aginst sat of 10 and the last one was sat 5 aginst sat of J

can you give me tips to analyse this hands in the future? how can I loose the smaller pot that I can?

in all this 4 examples I bet first after the flop and go all in after a re-raise from the opponent, it was a mistake?

The blinds are 0.01$/0.02$ and my stake was avarage 1.50$

thanks a lot
  • 5 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I like that you are not actually whining about it, but finding way to improve it.

Set vs set is part of the game, where u really need lot of self control and good read on your opponent to be able to lay it down.

As nl2 player, its remarkable that u are actually thinking about folding sets/going for pot control when facing aggresion.

That being said, poeple will have you overseted as often as you will have them.
      With normal stacks, dont worry about it, but when deep 150bb+, its always better to be getting stacks in with top set. With bottom set, you should try to pot control if u have suspicion that ur opp has u beat. Ofc, as everything, dont over do it. If u r vs opp who gets crazy with TPTK, just ship it;)
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      I can remmber this hand a very tight player raised in bu i call from bb with 77, the flop is T8x he bets i call just one more bet and the turn comes 7, so i check raise him and he 4bets me all in, so i fold and he shows me TT..
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SiXAT
      I can remmber this hand a very tight player raised in bu i call from bb with 77, the flop is T8x he bets i call just one more bet and the turn comes 7, so i check raise him and he 4bets me all in, so i fold and he shows me TT..
      Don't c/r then
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      so sat :f_frown:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Dodging sets is hard.

Maybe if you could post some of those hands we could give you better advice. But you said running Set vs. Set 4 times in 5 days.

I Think i ran into them 20 times in 5 minutes. It's pretty standard, getting to dodge them needs experience and good reads. Take notes on those opponents to lose less money possible in the future.