[NL2-NL10] KK facing aggression on dry board. Set??

• Kidsoldja
      villain 26/21 over 77

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10.25)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($11.82)
      BTN ($6.17)

Dealt to Hero K :diamond: K :club:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 4 :club: 5 :spade: T :heart:

Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($3.15) 2 :heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.40, Hero ?

should i just raise the flop and get it in? is it wrong to feel that villain might be raising a set on such a dry flop? i think this might be one of my greater leaks...
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      On the flop I'm just betting sth like $0.5-$0.6 to get max value from worse hands.

If you plan to call OOP and fold to this super blank turn then don't call on the flop.

I might just c/c turn and c/f river if he continues to bet because he can be trying to extract some value wtih AT for example.
    • Kaitz20
      I think you see set there too many times, unless you have some history with that player and you think he may be bluffing there
    • Kidsoldja
      the thing is i noticed that people dont bluff a great deal or get it in with weak draws all that much. 90% of the time when someone raises a flop bet its because they have a big made hand not because they think they can level us by raising a dry board as its more likely to be a set than a draw!

This is 10NL IF he were bluffing the flop, he is unlikely to doubel or tripple barrell as a bluff.

This is not to say it never happens but it just dosent happen enough for you to be able to do anything fancy to combat it. If he is BLUFFING this i.e. he has nothing rather than a guy who value raises AT (different mentality) then you are going to get tons of better chances to win his stack. If he is this bluffy he will at some point try and bluff you off the nuts so you should aim to fold more against him knowing that when you do hit you have huge implied odds.

But really, when he raises the flop we are likely beat. If we call then we should donk the turn, partly for value (we may have the best hand) bpartly for info, if he has nothing he folds if he has the nuts he may raise and if he has a margional hand he calls. Also its partly for pot control, we should not feel happy getting stacks in with pairs so if we donk 1/2 pot on the turn and river and dont get raised then we have built a pot in lign with the strength of our hand. If we get raised we must fold.

Dont assume that most players are doing anything other than raising big hands because 90% of the time, thats what they are doing.

If the board were wetter.. maybe a FD too then we could think about stacking with a pair because of the sheer number of draws out there, but this isnt the board for that.