Feel like folding AK -would that be big mistake?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello guys.
      I am playing nl30 SSS and just checked statistics for last 7 days and saw that I lost 17 out of 20 coinflips when went Allin preflop.
      Since I lost 3 BI more today, I am just feeling huge urge to just fold AK preflop.
      I know that in a long run it would be huge leak and big loss of money, but at the moment I dont feel like its worth shit.
      Especailly when you lose against lowest pairs as 22, 33 etc.

What do you think about it?
  • 4 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      Hello guys.
      I am playing nl30 SSS and just checked statistics for last 7 days and saw that I lost 17 out of 20 coinflips when went Allin preflop.
      Since I lost 3 BI more today, I am just feeling huge urge to just fold AK preflop.
      I know that in a long run it would be huge leak and big loss of money, but at the moment I dont feel like its worth shit.
      Especailly when you lose against lowest pairs as 22, 33 etc.

What do you think about it?
      If you fold AK pre you're going to lose money. I haven't a clue about SSS but it's maybe not always best to be getting all in preflop with AK. I dunno how you're supposed to play it with 20bb but a preflop fold must surely be a mistake unless you have awesome reads that you are up against only QQ+.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I believe in SSS you are supposed to push preflop after a raise before you or a reraise after you. Maybe try calling the open raise, or just calling any reraise instead of pushing. But i'd recommend sticking to pushing because eventually bad luck in coinflips will end, and there's very little likelihood of you being dominated.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Guys thx for replys
      Yes Wriggers you are correct.
      THere is ALLIN after a raise or re-raise.
      No calling,since you are pretty much commited after you put money in the pot, since there is a rule of thumb to make CBet after flop if there is only one oponent, which in most cases is.

You guys are right I should never fold AK even when I dont feel like it, and hopefully dmn OnGame will bring me some cash with it.

Cheers
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      [*] tilt post :f_biggrin: