This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Split pot with one pair and higher kicker!!???

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      This is not the first time I see such thing happen on PokerStars. There was a board of 9 T Q 6 5, and action went bet, bet, bet...

In the showdown I had Q4 and villain had Q3 and the pot was split!

Why should this happen? I saw this happen before on hands I wasn't playing and never quite understood. :s_confused:
  • 8 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      your hands were both QQ9T6

hand consists of 5 cards, not 6
    • mm4
      mm4
      Bronze
      your hand: Q Q T 9 6 5 4
      opponent's hand: Q Q T 9 6 5 3
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Ahhhh... right! Thanks for the explanation!
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      excuse me ...and u are silver?how did u get it?reffering friends?
      Pokerstars proved rigness again!sucks...
    • gapsper
      gapsper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jhustincase
      when i just started playing poker (first or second day, not a single hand before) i played a hand which was checked from flop to the river a i was really surprised when i won the pot with ace to five straight
      so i googled "poker ace to five straight" :D ok now i understand

few hands later i was 3 betting river with king to 4 straight :s_biggrin: and was even more surprised when the guy with top pair won
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gapsper
      when i just started playing poker (first or second day, not a single hand before) i played a hand which was checked from flop to the river a i was really surprised when i won the pot with ace to five straight

few hands later i was 3 betting river with king to 4 straight :s_biggrin: and was even more surprised when the guy with top pair won
      =) ) yep funny starting moments i know :D yea urs is really funny :) )) one i made a Q -3 straight :X proved to be a q high than :) ))
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gapsper

=) ) yep funny starting moments i know :D yea urs is really funny :) )) one i made a Q -3 straight :X proved to be a q high than :) ))
      ye haha
      what up with these stupid straight rules
      i remember stacking off with j-2 straight after tripling up in 5 minutes in some tourney :f_cool:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Once I played poker with my sister and a couple of friend of hers, she kept insisting she had won a hand because she had three pair while her friend had two pair with a better kicker:P