FULL TILT rakeback per point??????

• inkey
      inkey
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can anyone help me work out expected rake back?????

Is there an exact science in relation to Iron Man points and the amount you can expect to get paid?

I’m using Iron Man points, as you don’t get a false reading with them (during happy hours, etc, they don’t get double and mislead you on how many points you have ‘earned’)

I read somewhere that 1,000 points was worth about $31 in rakeback.

I have an account with Poker Strategy, my friend who told me to join PS, has his with Cardrunners (fast rake back I think it’s called).

Here’s what we earned today:

ACCOUNT POINTS EARNED RAKEBACK

Poker Strategy 2,447.75 $46.43
      FASTRAKE BACK* 3,833.45 $103.96

* I think that’s the name

Ok, I had no hits on my rakeback (didn’t buy anything from the shop, etc), my friend played the Iron Man Freeroll, though that may not affect this weeks rakeback???? May be next week, or the week before???? It was on last Saturday. Other than that he also had no ‘hits’ on his rakeback.

The points earned are all seven days between Tue 6th July and Mon 12th July.

Which is correct for my account, I’m guessing it’s the same for the fast rake back one, my friend has????

So it there any way of actually knowing how much you should get ... so 100 points is worth $30, etc????

I only ask this as I saw you get a percentage of a FTP on every hand ... so if not enough rake is taken for a FTP you still get .2 or whatever the rake taken equals to. So I thought maybe it was an exact science.

It would be so useful to know what a certain amount of points are worth, as I’m at best a break even player ... if I know how much I’m on an hour playing it would be most helpful.

Thanks for any answers,

And I know other things take away, but just the pure amount you get per 100, 1,000, etc points would be great to know.

Thanks again

xxx
  • 13 replies
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      The way rakeback should be is this.
      1000 iron man points / 7 = rake * 0.27 so for 1000points u should get 38.57$, but I never got the rakeback I was expecting aswell, normally bonus, withdraw, spending FTP / iron man medals should lower the rakeback. Contact full tilt is the best option if you have major differences in what you got and what you should get.
    • inkey
      inkey
      Bronze
      iron man points / 7 = rake * 0.27

so for 1000points u should get 38.57$

So on my account

2,447.75 points

I should have got $94.41

I got $46.43

On his account

3,833.45 points

He should have got $147.86

He got $103.96

WTF???????

That can't be correct.

Just to be clear I haven't had any MGR hit

He has entered the Iron Man Freeroll so a small hit?

But those can't be right.

Are you sure it's /7 .... clutching at straws here as on his account if you /10 it comes very close ... hmmm

I am correct in the payment today is for Tue 6th all the way to and including Mon 12th July?

And in using that equation has anyone every got close to guessing their correct rakeback?
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      The way rakeback should be is this.
      1000 iron man points / 7 = rake * 0.27 so for 1000points u should get 38.57$, but I never got the rakeback I was expecting aswell, normally bonus, withdraw, spending FTP / iron man medals should lower the rakeback. Contact full tilt is the best option if you have major differences in what you got and what you should get.
      the formula is right . 1 $ rake is 7 ironman points, since i play sng and the rake i pay is pretty standard i can easily calculate my rakeback and for example last week's rb calculations it matches with the rb i just got today
    • inkey
      inkey
      Bronze
      I'm not saying it's wrong ....

BUT 38.57$ for 1,000 points does seem rather high

So for rush week I can expect $270 in rake back (playing 1,000 a day)

BUT the numbers don't add up ... on another forum a chap said that you get .03 for each point ... so 1,000 FTP would be worth $30.

Is this writen any where on the full tilt website????
    • inkey
      inkey
      Bronze
      Ok just seen this:

"1 FTP earned generates $1 in rake, which is divided amongst 9 people to give everyone about 11 cents of MGR, which gives you 27% of 11 cents in rakeback, or about 2.8 cents."

If that's the case then:

1,000 FTP would be worth $28

My 2,447.75 FTP = $68.54 (so $22.10 out)

His 3,833.45 FTP = $107.34 (so $3.38 out)

This seems the closest yet.

Surely the / 7 * .27 is wrong???????

I hope not at it seems generous

And if you divide by 7 ... and there are 9 players (full ring) surely Full Tilt are paying out more than they should????
    • Tartist
      Tartist
      Bronze
      hello,
      i want to register to the tourney but i cant find it on the full tilt prog'
      in the email i received i got this following directions:

"All Poker Strategy Players are eligible, to register for Freeroll:

Open the Lobby menu at the top of the Full Tilt Poker game lobby and select Choose Lobby View > Standard View.
      Set the filters in the browse area to Tournament, Private, All, All Types and Freerolls/FTPS.
      Find the Pokerstrategy.com $25K FR and click Register Now".

still, i cant find the tourney page...

help anyone?
    • inkey
      inkey
      Bronze
      Err

You can't find the torunament page ....

or the correct forum thread either?

Try hovering the mouse over the options at the top of the full tilt main page ... it's on one of the drop down menus I think

x
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      7FTP is equal with 1$ rake, join some sngs to see that, so it should be 1k/7*.27 but i dont know the reason why it doesnt give the full rakeback
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi inkey,

it is not so easy to calculate your rake from Full Tilt Points on the iron man page (it is much easier to use your StrategyPoints). For each $ table rake you get one full tilt point at cashgame. So if you play short handed (6 players) you get per $ personal rake 6 points. If you play full ring (9 players) you get per $ personal rake 9 points.

So lets assume that you play shorthanded then 2,447.75 full tilt points are $408 rake. For that you should receive $110.16 rakeback.

Please keep in mind that before you can calculate your rakeback, some things will be deducted:
      Bonuses: All bonuses, whether first deposit, mid/end year, IronMan, Academy, Ad hoc etc;
      Added Value: Your proportion of any additional amount added to prize pools above those covered by player entries, e.g. All freerolls, Guaranteed Tournaments where guarantee isn't met etc;
      Used Points: Spending of FTP points (approx $0.005 per point), IronMan Medals (approx $0.20-$0.25 per Medal) & Academy Credits;
      Fees: Additional costs incurred by FTP whilst handling your account, e.g. depositing/withdrawing money (Full Tilt do not provide details of exactly how much is charged).

If you think your rakeback is still not correct, please get in contact with our customer support.

Greetings,
      Hannes
    • AleksKMA
      AleksKMA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Used Points: Spending of FTP points (approx $0.005 per point), IronMan Medals (approx $0.20-$0.25 per Medal) & Academy Credits;
      I was under the impression that spending ironman medals didn't hit rakeback.

Also I had another genius* idea and spent all my academy credits on step 1 tickets. Though the step grind is going well I would like to know what the rakeback hit is for using academy points.

*stupid
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi AleksKMA,

The official line from Full Tilt is that all points, medals, academy credits etc spent will affect your net earned rake and therefore rakeback except purchasing of tournament tickets.

With the tournament tickets, you are actually purchasing the tournament buyin & fee, so there should not be a rake hit.

Purchasing other items such as a bonus, t-shirt etc, would affect your net earned rake however.

This is the official line from Full Tilt, however on occasion they haven't always deducted the purchase (when I purchased a jacket for example using Ironman medals), but obviously this is at their decretion (or maybe they forgot =) ), we can only provide their official terms in the forum and anything else is a bonus.

Hope this helps, any further questions don't hesitate to ask or add to the Rakeback thread.

Best regards,

Bart
    • AleksKMA
      AleksKMA
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply. All I have bought is 26$ tickets and Step 1s. I guess I'll have to wait until Friday to see for sure.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      No problem, let us know how you get on ;)

Bart