I just realised...

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      I have no idea about the rules of raising in Texas Holdem NL.
      Never thought about it because playing tight-aggressive at the begginning we avoid unconventional bets and raises but now that im playing live with some people i often get asked certain questions about bets or raises that i can't answer. So i need your help.

The problem is that for example ive seen on NL2 someone raise my 0.08 to 0.14 or 0.12 or 0.24
      now the 24 i get - its more than twice what i raised plus some number of X, X being a big blind. But what about the 0.12 / 0.14? If the rule was simply ''you can raise anything starting from what the opp. raised + Y amount of X starting at X=1'' then ok fine. But its obviously not that. For example if someone bets 1$ into me on the river and i have 1.30 left i do not get the option to raise to 1.02 or 1.04, or anything - i only get the option to call, or go all-in for 1.30.

I think someone here gets what im talking about, so help me please before we start another session of lovely +++++EV live poker:)
  • 3 replies
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      When you want to reraise, you need to raise at leat the amount of the initial raise. So if your opponent raises to 8c in NL2 than you need to raise at least to 14c (8c-2c(BB)=raise of 6c / a reraise being 8c+6c=14c). If you're going all in it doesn't matter how much you raise. You can raise 1c or 10000c. You can always go all in, even if you don't have enough to call a raise you're still aloud to call and go all in.
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      hahaha oh so its very simple in the end. so im just hoping i never saw a 0.12 raise and lied about it :P

Thanks guy
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Cheers for the advice pinnryder :)