Stack
      UTG2:
      $8,83
      MP1:
      $4,62
      Hero:
      $7,12

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0,05, MP1 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,27, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0,22, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0,66) 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,45, UTG2 calls $0,45.

Turn: ($1,56) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,90, UTG2 raises to $4,26

I kinda provoke him to raise(my plan was to make him raise his pairs,as I saw him open limp JJ UTG)But will he ever raise here anything from NUTS?
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      If he was going to raise pairs he would have done it on the flop. This is mainly flushes and boats. You can make a fairly safe fold.
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      If he was going to raise pairs he would have done it on the flop. This is mainly flushes and boats. You can make a fairly safe fold.
      I agree.

What about checking behind on the turn as u have a few outs for nut flush and nut FH?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      This, tho you'll sometimes run into a few overpairs that didn't want to raise on the flop (slowplaying or just not treating overpairs like the nuts to begin with) that suddenly go nuclear on the turn (it's getting scarier so slowplaying is no good or they have a redraw to the flush with the overpair so it becomes the nuts).

Originally posted by redindian77

What about checking behind on the turn as u have a few outs for nut flush and nut FH?
      The reason we bet the turn is because we feel we're still ahead of worse hands like random pairs and floats that picked up a redraw that we can actually bet for value there. If you think villain always raises an overpair on the flop and never floats with overcards, then you're up against mostly flushdraws that got there on the turn, so then checking behind would make the most sense. The fact that we get raised here only means we just learned we're beat, that doesn't mean there wasn't value against his range to begin with.

Hope it helps