AA vs QQ

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      €5000 gtd on PokerTime. I survived the rebuy period, was in good shape, then I hit this hand.

The flop saw another ace and flushdraw, so I placed a pot-sized bet. On the turn I was lucky to hit full house, just to loose against quads:(

I congratulated the guy and pushed a medium hand in the next hand because I was in the BB HU and left the tournament too early.

** Hand # 3430145233 starting - 2010-07-17 20:20:18
      ** €5,000 GTD REBUY[3563490]:Table 9 [Multi Table Hold'em] (150|300 NL - MTT) Real Money

drinksalot sitting in seat 1 with 4920.00
      TOTHCFC09 sitting in seat 2 with 14645.00
      tallaaja sitting in seat 3 with 14825.00
      Meka1 sitting in seat 4 with 6625.00
      noralcemy sitting in seat 5 with 6720.00
      samarin sitting in seat 6 with 9450.00
      Coope sitting in seat 7 with 4325.00[Dealer]
      thelizardboy sitting in seat 8 with 5450.00
      Skavabole sitting in seat 9 with 10515.00
      Hero sitting in seat 10 with 7245.00
      thelizardboy posted the small blind - 75.00
      Skavabole posted the big blind - 150.00

** Dealing cards to luitzen: As, Ac
      Hero raised to 450.00
      drinksalot folded
      TOTHCFC09 folded
      tallaaja folded
      Meka1 called - 450.00
      noralcemy called - 450.00
      samarin folded
      Coope folded
      thelizardboy folded
      Skavabole called - 450.00

** Dealing the flop: 10h, Qs, Ah
      Skavabole checked
      Hero bet - 1800.00
      Meka1 folded
      noralcemy called - 1800.00
      Skavabole folded

** Dealing the turn: Qd
      Hero went all-in - 4995.00
      noralcemy went all-in - 4470.00
      noralcemy shows: Qc, Qh

** Dealing the river: 10d
      noralcemy wins 14415.00 from the main pot
  • 12 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Shit happens. Surely you've lost AA before when you post so much in this forum? Don't really understand the point of the thread..
    • Satanic4
      Satanic4
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Shit happens. Surely you've lost AA before when you post so much in this forum? Don't really understand the point of the thread..
      Maybe he was just a lil angry and wanted to share his feelings with everyone?

Anyways, better luck next time :(
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      maybe this makes you better a bit..
      I'm in a tourney where the blinds are 800/1600, my stack is 20k, mp3 raises 3200, I have KcKh on the button, I directly shove the german raiser, he inta calls me with Ah2s (having triple of my stack, still a retarded call) and the board comes. Ks,As,8h I said ok this is a win, he cant beat me..turn Qs river 9s..and beats me with his 2spade flush..sad story ye, but these are the reasons I never cashed big in any tourney, and (yet) twice I lost AA vs KK after being in the money and had a good stack..life sucks man and these tourneys were at least 100k gtd, or the aa vs kk were FTOPS ones..300k+++ gtd..it hurts but you got to move on
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      As I posted in another thread, I lost with AA to AA, I was shocked to the point it made me laugh, but these things happen in poker.

First time I have ever seen AA lose to AA...... but hey, I can cross that one off the list of 'things to see before I die.'
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I too have lost with dual aces
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I've lost with aa v aa atleast 30 times, but I don't even know how many hands i've pld over the years.
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      i dont think its THAT uncommon that AA lose to AA

its not really annoying just gotta laugh about it

on the other hand, it feels so damn good when u beat AA with AA
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      This is no joke. I probably hold the record for the most consecutive A/A losses. I lost 11-12 times in a row with AA... on the play money tables at Full Tilt, so it's not like I have lost any money.

I hate A/A. I have trouble throwing them away. I only play freeroll or 1$ tournaments so far so it'snot like I'm losing all that much money.

I think the best strategy for playing A/A is to go all in right away. I've lost often enough against starting hands like 4/8 J/2,... and other such crappy hands.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Pulled from equilator real quick to get some data on the AA vs AA.

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 50,000 % 2,173 % 95,654 % 2,173 % AA
      Player 2: 50,000 % 2,173 % 95,654 % 2,173 % AA

As you see its as common as a 1outer on the river approx and i think we all experienced that a few times ^^

@Dumbledork:
      When playing these freerolls and with playmoney people dont care and therefor call you with any random hand and since several players do so the odds of somone hitting something good is quite high. But in the end you will make money from it even if its very annoying.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      I wanted to share the nastiest way I lost with AA this year. At the turn you think: "Yes, full house, the pot is in." When your opponent calls and you turn your cards, you instantly realise it was that very hand which got you out of the tournament.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z4tz
      @Dumbledork:
      When playing these freerolls and with playmoney people dont care and therefor call you with any random hand and since several players do so the odds of somone hitting something good is quite high. But in the end you will make money from it even if its very annoying.
      I've won money in freerolls quite often, especially on PartyPoker, but the prize often isn't very big, and when you win big you often wish you'd spent that time playing your stakes. It should be easy, however, to win big in bankroll builder freerolls when you're a little experienced.

FullTilt also has easy freerolls (they start every 2/3 minutes and you just push your first 5 medium hands, from there on start playing), but they're prizes aren't that great.
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      It just happened to me again. I was pretty low on chips and got Q/Q. Went all in, and I got called with A/A.

Third time I see it hapen today. It seems to me that each time someone has Q/Q there's someone who has A/A.